Holiday Inspiration Extravaganza!


If you haven't seen it yet, I've created a video sharing all sorts of holiday projects from cards and tags, to gift boxes and even sewn stockings, all from Elizabeth Craft Designs dies, stamps, and stencils; some new products and some of our old favorites, which is always nice, right? (I've linked to everything below) Let's take a look at some of the projects then you can check out the video at the bottom. It's a long one, filled with some how-to's and tips, so grab a cup of coffee or tea and enjoy!

Let's start with cards. The base of these fun, file folder style cards is the new General File Folders sets 1 and 2. They are the perfect A2 size so no need for hunting down or making your own envelopes. I've used the beautiful Winter Wishes 8 x 8 paper collection and journaling cards from Graphic 45 and incorporated the holly sprig from the Holly Page die. The letters are a new favorite of mine, from the Alphabet Tabs die set. Again, in the video I show everything and explain the details. These cards came together in a jiffy and I plan on making many more for the holidays.

Next up is the new and improved Sweater Season die designed by Joset. After assembling the sweater, I've attached it a small gift bag (a simple box cut from my Cricut machine). As I show in the video, I've added some painted wooded snowflakes, gems, and the star border which is from Sidekick Essentials 23. I love mixing and matching planner dies' elements along with my other ECD dies when creating.

Next up: BOXES. I love making gift boxes and bags for treats during the holidays. The Pizza Box die is one of my all-time favorites (shown on the left) and the Sweater Season die was perfect on top! As you can see, that cute sweater can take on a whole different look depending on how you layer it and what papers you use. I share a helpful, artistic tip on making the sweater look its best in the video, so make sure to watch for that. On the right is the Book Box die which contains an accordion mini album inside, all decorated with papers from Reminiscence The Book 3. I show in the video what that album looks like and also provide a link in the video description to the Facebook Live video I did when making this box and album.

On to the Warm Winter Mug die, also designed by Joset. I have to say this one is pretty addictive, as there are so many pieces in this set to try different looks! I show in the video an easy way to create a gift box between two mugs so you can fill it up with little goodies or gift cards or both! You won't believe how easy it is. The die stands alone beautifully, as shown on the tag card in the center. I've used 49 and Market's "Holiday Wishes" papers for the hot cocoa mug in the upper right. Again, I describe everything in detail in the video. 

Speaking of tags, another new die by Joset is called Nested Tags which has 6 sizes of tags, along with two tiny little ones and the hole reinforcements too. And did you know there are new stencils now? Stencils 3 set is what I've used here and in the video I share how I achieved some of the looks here, with some tips on stenciling on already printed patterned papers. As you can see, I've added elements to my tags from planner dies, like the fun light string and those cute ice skates. I share all the info in the video.

Next up is the Holiday Stocking die. Again, one of those addictive die sets because of all the pieces you can play with to make all sorts of different stockings. Here I've created a basic paper stocking, a felt one, and then two flannel ones, which I've sewn together to make literal little stockings which can be filled with small treats or a candy cane. In the video I share some tips on sewing these and also what die-cutting felt.

Finally, Santa and Mrs. Clause, two new dies from Joset. These are super fun to build and play around with. In the video I show how I made some from felt and others from patterned paper and cardstock. The stamped sentiments and Christmas words are from Holiday Treats and Joyful Wishes stamp sets, and the papers are from Graphic 45. 

I had such a great time creating all these goodies and I hope they have inspired you to pull out your dies, old and new, and have some crafty holiday time yourself. All links are below (I get a small commission when you click on the link and make a purchase) and the video too. (Please note the volume is quite low in this video due to a new microphone, so just turn up your volume. I'll be returning this mic and going back to my nice one for future videos.) Hope you enjoy, and thanks for popping in today.

Comments