Little Birdie Poppies and Roses Card

Hello everyone! I've got two posts today and the first is this pretty, pretty birthday card I made for my sister using Little Birdie flowers, decorative chipboard, and Poppies and Roses cardstock collection. I was inspired by my crafty pal Ginny Nemchak (Polly's Paper Studio) who is the queen of card making, in my opinion. I pin so many of Ginny's cards on Pinterest for inspiration! The card below was my inspiration for my card.


This card is one of my all-time favorites of Ginny's because of the lovely layering of all the elements.


I used this beautiful collection of flowers, focusing on the stemmed pieces for my card.


The 6 x 6 pad is just the right size for card making, and this is cardstock, not paper. Each sheet is thick and one-sided.


To frame my stamped phrase, I added the Primed Chipboard Oval. (Psst, chipboard is 50% right now on their website!)


I planned out my pieces for a 5" x 7" card, fussy cut some elements, and prepared my card base.


I dabbed a bit of pale ivory paint over the chipboard frame and adhered it to my stamped phrase. This stamp sentiment comes from a new stamp set from Close To My Heart called "Sentiments and Stitches." (C1835)


I decorated the inside of the card to make it extra special, as well as to balance out the weight of the front of the card. This is a good, heavy card! I will package it up in a small mailing box or padded envelope to protect it.


If you like the products I've used today and would like to purchase your own or any other lovely Little Birdie products, be sure to use my discount code ANNETTE5 at Little Birdie Crafts.


Thanks so much for stopping by today. Stay tuned for my second post later today with some fun planner pages!



Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com