12 Tags of 2012 - November Tag

Tomorrow will be a busy day, so my Thanksgiving wishes to you are a bit early. I hope you have a day full of good company, great food, and plenty of relaxation. I am ever so thankful for all the kind words and your visits to my blog not just today, but every single day of the year. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

I thought it would be appropriate timing to post my November tag inspired by Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2012 today. Be sure to check out Tim's tag and the techniques he used to make it. You can find it here. I put just a slightly different twist on mine, but didn't veer off course too much since I LOVED his.






For a bit of texture and depth, I started my tag off with some background stamping. This cross-hatch pattern is from Mixed Media CMS125 from Stamper's Anonymous.



Stamp and emboss leaves and acorn over the top. (Thankful Silhouettes CMS116



Stamp Thankful with archival black, then ink the tag with various colors. Tim used Stains which gives a slightly different effect, so be sure to check it out on his blog. 



Iron over the tag between thin brown kraft paper (I cut apart two lunch bags and used the flat parts). By ironing, you will life away the embossing and leave behind a cool Batik effect. I flicked some water over my tag and heated it. It's a look I always find so cool.



I did some random stamping of this honeycomb image using Vintage Photo.



I put some burlap pieces at the top and along the bottom of my tag. A little tacky glue holds it nicely.



Then scattered leaves and acorns cut from Kraft-Core cardstock using the Autumn Gatherings Sizzix strip die. 



I think this is one of my all-time favorite dies because of all the small pieces you can cut from one pass through the Vagabond. I crumpled some leaves and inked the edges of each piece with Walnut Stain.


I hope you give this tag a try if you have time. It would make a great gift on a wine bottle for your Thanksgiving hostess. (Me, I won't be giving mine away.)



Enjoy your holiday!






Comments

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE your tag, Annette! The colours are my favourite and your combination of stamps, inks and embellishments are always so FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com