Coaster Wall Hanging - Live. Laugh. Love.

Pinterest is a wonderful thing. I'm sure I don't have to tell you this. So much inspiration! I could spend all day looking at beautiful things there. For example, this beautiful piece that inspired me a while back. It's been in my Idea Folder for months, and since July is my "get 'er done" month, now was the time to get to it.

This artwork comes from the blog "Delightfully Distressing" but when I try to go to the page, it comes up blank. I want to give credit where it's due, you know. So here's the link, at least, to a Pinterest page for Delightfully Distressing instead. Be sure to check them out. Really pretty stuff!

With my July Cards & More Club approaching I decided to create a Close To My Heart inspired version of the coaster project. Being at the end of the CTMH Spring/Summer Idea Book, I feel as if I've exhausted the season's papers and really wanted some bold colors, so I opted to use inks and stamping and not a single piece of pattern paper to create my design.

With the help of CTMH's Persnickety Journaling Spots and quite a few stamp sets (like 6 or 7) these coasters were easy and fun to create.

Each coaster starts off plain, then gets covered with colored and stamped Colonial White 4 x 4 squares of card stock. The card stock is colored with a Tim Holtz-style technique of puddling re-inkers and water on a non-stick craft mat, then dragging and dipping the card stock squares into them to create a multi-color marbleizing effect.


Here's what I came up with...
I added some flowers cut on the Cricut (Art Philosophy cartridge) plus some small paper flowers I had in my stash. Buttons, a crocheted flower, and some stamped-and-cut sunflowers embellish the whole thing.




Here are a few close-ups. 



















Thanks for stopping by today. I'll be back in a few days with some exciting announcements about the new CTMH Autumn/Winter Idea Book!





Comments

  1. Very very nice! Thanks for sharing! Blessings, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy do I look forward to your postings! You never disappoint. What a pretty project with lots of fun playing with the inks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annette, I love your wall hangings. Can't wait to attempt this one. Thanks for the email. Convention in Orlando again - woo hoo. Wish I was still a CTMH consultant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab, love the rich colours and all the details...a great make,trace x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous hanging! Love how much you've included on each individual piece.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com