Footloose Workshop on the Go, Enhanced

First, I just had to share what we did this weekend with our daughter and her friends. MetroCon 2012 in Tampa. Check out this crazy crew. If you are feeling confident, or have a kid in the house that can tell me who these four characters are from left to right correctly, I will happily send you a surprise goody that you will be sure to enjoy! Just post your answer in the comments and watch tomorrow for the winner.


Now back to business. Close To My Heart's "Footloose" Workshop on the Go scrapbook kit features a very nice two-page layout...




My customers often tell me they would like to see more photo areas in our monthly layouts, and since these are summer pages, I'm sure we will all have lots of photos to scrapbook. So I adapted the kit design a bit to allow for this.


(Be sure to click on the photo for a larger, more detailed view)
Not only does this layout offer more photo space, the two 4 x 6 photo mats on the right can be layered up with some of our Flip Flap page protectors. In case you missed it, I posted a video last week on how to use Flip Flaps on your scrapbook pages. You can view it here.


Now let's take a look at some of the details on my pages...

I absolutely love the exclusive stamp set that comes in the Footloose Workshop on the Go. Starfish, clams, seahorse, fish, turtle, it's adorable!




I added the Keepsake Felt Alphabet to my pages to give a pop of that great Smoothie color. These are so easy. Just peel and stick! 



The Wooden Badge Buttons come in the kit (and are also sold separately). Here I painted them with sponge brush and a mixture of 3 drops of Lagoon re-inker to about a tablespoon of Create-a-Shade Pearl Paint. I made the shine spot on each bubble using white acrylic paint thinned with water on a fine paintbrush.



Using my Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge, I made these scalloped borders. (Shift + Font + Rectangle8, pg. 65, set at 6 inches.) I cut the scallop four times per page, for a total of 8 cuts at this setting, then overlapped, cutting and piecing as necessary.



You can also stamp right onto the wooden badge buttons, as shown above to the right of the turtle, but I found that the ink eventually bled a little bit as it absorbed into the wood. So I wouldn't recommend it unless you primed the wood first with paint.



That's it for today. Don't forget to send in your guess with your comment! And then check back tomorrow. Thanks, and have a great day!






Comments

  1. This is gorgeous. I love what you did with the wooden badges. I was at a loss as to how to incorporate them into my layouts. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must be getting old, because I only recognize the guy second from the left as one of the faces from internet memes (like on Memebase).

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter is so jealous! She helped me: Cake, troll face meme, Fiona and Marshall Lee. I Love your projects, she loves the convention photos. tfs, Lara

    ReplyDelete
  4. lov this layout!! how did you color the embellies,,turtle, etc thank you for sharing,,,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com