Scrappin' Weekend

This past weekend I was a happy scrappy girl, because I spent it cropping at the Scrappy Boutique's 5th Anniversary Celebration Crop in Orlando at the Florida Mall Hotel with my friend Sherry.

What a well-organized crop this was. I was impressed. The venue was perfect at the Florida Mall Hotel and the Scrappy B team was not only delightful but obviously worked hard to make it a festive, colorful, and fun event for us croppers. From the goody-bags filled with wonderful surprises, to the treat bags filled with sweet snacks (including a Tootsie-Pop with a paper mustache attached to the stick), to the lovely lunch on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday, the mini store on location, to the give-aways (a signed Tim Holtz Vagabond machine was the biggie), it was fantastic!




When we first arrived, we were given blank pennants on a stick and if you decorated your pennant with some of the supplies in your goody-bag, you received a free gift. So, of course, we got to work on those right away.




I had fun creating this pennant using papers from My Mind's Eye (Lime Twist), foam letter stickers (Thickers) by American Crafts, and big fabric brads by Pebbles. I added a bit of stamping (Close To My Heart) and now I have something fun to display in my studio!




The Scrappy B team decorated the room with a happy-feeling floral decor, and had a photo-op area complete with backdrop, balloons, pennant banner and a charming bicycle with its basket filled with flowers.  To the side, they even had cute props like mustaches on a stick, spectacles, little hats, flowers and more to choose from. Some of the croppers were very creative when staging their group photos. 

And if a cropper was in need of assistance, those Scrappy B girls were more than accommodating. I was in search of a 3/8-inch circle punch to borrow and Stacy herself (the Scrappy Boutique owner) walked around asking croppers for assistance for me.




The Florida Mall is a place we frequent often (always tying in a stop at the Scrappy Boutique, of course) but I really had no idea about the hotel connected to the mall. I had seen it, but really paid no attention. Now that I've stayed there, I have to say it was outstanding. A beautiful hotel with everything we needed, excellent service and their own Starbucks, it was the perfect venue. Sherry and I had a wonderful time (thank you Sherry for sharing this time with me) and I managed to get completely caught up on my scrapbooking! 


If you're ever in the Orlando area, you must make a stop at the Scrappy Boutique. And if you are around in May, they will be having another one of these crops at the same location for National Scrapbook Day from May 5th - 6th. (If you sign up by March 1st, you'll receive a $10 Gift Certificate to use during the crop!)

Comments

  1. Sounds like a fab weekend was had by all !
    Pennants are fab :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Annette, thanks for putting this blog entry together. I can't wait to show Rich. It was a really great time, and I also thank you for sharing your time with me. I got so much done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com