Three quick & easy treat holders

Sometimes you just need a quick idea that doesn't have to be over-the-top, tripped out, with tons of technique and time put into it. I personally love these quick and simple projects. They are easy and best of all: everyone loves getting them! This little Tic-Tac treat holder was an idea I found online. I made 8 of these cuties for my Cards & More Club members. It's incredibly simple . . .

• Cut a piece of cardstock 4 5/8 x 3 inches.
• Holding it horizontally, score it at 2" and 2 5/8"
• Fold on the scores and round off the right corners if desired
• I used my Stampin' Up scallop circle punch for the orange
• Punch a circle 1 1/2" (mine is black)
• Punch a circle 1 1/4" (for stamping)
• Cut a piece of ribbon about 12" long
• Assemble as shown in the photo
• Use the Big Pack of Tic-Tacs (cheap at WalMart in 3-packs)



Not to plug Stampin' Up too much here, but until CTMH gets some punches and dies, I'm forced to go elsewhere, ya know? Anyway, this super fantastic Sizzix die of this treat bag is called "Bag with Scallops" (I get all my Stampin' Up stuff from my gal pal Grace Benjamin right here in sunny Florida.) The die is huge and works in my Big Shot. All you need is a 6 x 12 piece of cardstock and all the pieces are there for you. I added some black cardstock, a ghost (QuicKutz die) and some WalMart ribbon, plus the word Boo! from CTMH's stamp set Creepy Cobwebs (D1319). I filled each one with a piece of Hershey's Extra Dark chocolate, a lovely Lindt Fioretto Cappuccino candy, and one of the new Via's from Starbucks. Grown-up treats!

I love how they look in a grouping. These will be for my Cherish Club scrapbooking girls tomorrow night.


We've all seen this before, I'm sure. It's an old favorite of mine. The popcorn treat holder. I've always liked this one for its simplicity and sheer cuteness. Look how easy . . .

• Cut a piece of cardstock 5 1/2" x 9 1/2"
• Stamp and embellish as desired
• Get a mini bag of microwave popcorn (WalMart carries this Halloween one each fall season)
• Wrap the cardstock around the popcorn, leaving room at the bottom for brads
• Adhere the cardstock overlap in the back with strong adhesive then remove the popcorn
• Secure the bottom of the cardstock pocket with three brads
• Insert two eyelets at the top of the cardstock pocket, one of each side
• Insert a 15" piece of Waxy Flax with the popcorn into the pocket and up through the eyelets
• Tie the Waxy Flax into a knot or bow. Now pull on the knot and the whole thing will slide up
• Stamp an image for the front and add a coordinating mat

Comments

  1. wow, what precious gifts. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! One of these days I'll make one of those tic tac holders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great Annette. So glad you started a blog, love your creativity!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com