Heart 2 Heart Dual Challenge with Typeset

My Cherish Club meets monthly to create two 2-page scrapbook layouts and last week you saw all the of the first set of  layouts we'll be doing for the next six months. August's layouts feature the Typeset paper pack, and on my August 4th post, you saw the first one. Today I wanted to share the 2nd layout utilizing a project challenge from the Heart 2 Heart blog where we are challenged to show off our back to school themed projects.

Not only that, Heart 2 Heart has a monthly layout sketch challenge. So I decided to kill two birds with one stone and tie them together.

Here's this month's sketch...





And here's my layout...


I have to say that my layout seems a bit busy with all that's going on in the pattern paper in the background, but that's okay. We're not out for perfection here. And my middle schooler loved the pages, so that's really what counts, right?


Along with the new Typeset papers, I used the following products:
Milepost shapes (corrugated shapes)
Antique Copper designer brads
Dimensional Elements Banners (chipboard shapes)
Black Waxy Flax
"Vintage Type" stamp set


Here's a few close-ups of the details...


Here you can get a good look at those Milepost Shapes which I inked with Black and layered. 




Of course I had to use the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge for my title. 




I love the "Vintage Type" stamp set, complete with a full alphabet, pennants, and background images. It's one of my all-time favorites this season.




I can't get enough of the new Antique Copper designer brads. They fit all themes so well!



Jamie is in her third week of 8th grade already this year and is enjoying it so far. My little social butterfly has mastered the art of being social and getting good grades at the same time. I'm very proud of her.


Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you enjoy your Monday!


Comments

  1. Awesome layout! Glad you were able to combine our challenges into one layout!

    PS - can you relink your artwork under the Back to School challenge at H2H? You accidentally linked it under last week's CASE challenge. I don't want anyone to miss it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annette, this is adorable! And your dd is beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at H2H this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is so much detail in this layout, and it is spectaular! I am so glad you played with us this week at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fabulous layout Annette! Thanks for sharing with us at H2H. Love your work...all the time! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab layout! It's no wonder your DD loves it! (I have an 8th grade DD too.) Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us at H2H and using Cheryl's great sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your layout and what a fun memory!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your layout! This was not my favorite paper pack in the new catalog but you are making me love it - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your layout! Great use of the sketch, and I especially like how you've used pennants in place of the hearts from the sketch. Coloring the corrugated shapes add a nice touch, too. Thanks for playing along with the H2H sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com