Saturday, July 16, 2011

Vintage Valise part 1

It's not exactly earth-shattering news that I am quite fond of all things Tim Holtz, so I guess it was inevitable that I would want to share that love with my fellow crafty friends here where I live. Inspired by Tim himself and Studio L3's design challenges, I recently started my own All Things Tim group where we gather once a month to create something totally Tim, designed by me.

Our first get-together is August 5th. I've been working away on the first project using Tim's Vintage Valise Alterations die. I knew when I first saw this die that it would make the coolest little travel journal. Then I caught a glimpse of a similar idea in a video at Winter CHA at Tim's booth. From that point on, I was consumed with the idea to make this project.

Although I'm not finished, I thought I would put up some photos as it is coming together.


This little valise measures roughly 4.25 x 6 inches.




To create a mini album, I built a spine and added a large ring binder inside. (Tim Holtz Idea-ology)




The spine is held together using Sticky Back Canvas.




With the help of just a few Close To My Heart vintage style postage and travel stamps, I decorated the spine.


As I finish more I'll share with you, so stay tuned and thanks for stopping by today. Enjoy your Saturday!

7 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic! I'm sure the group will love making these. Be sure to share pics after your get-together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! I really like how you did the spine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great is this? Love it Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. I am also a fan of Close to my Heart and Tim Holtzs. Wished I lived close enough to take your class. This is beautiful. Thanks for Sharing.

    Kim
    k1i2m3@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! I've had something similar brewing in my mind too, and you've inspired me to go finish it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. all I can say is wow, wow, wow...can't wait to make this !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Annette - this is awesome - I love the cover and how each page inside is different and interactive! Great creative job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteGreen@bellsouth.net