Hydrangeas in Tokyo

Later this week I'll be posting recaps of our wonderful family vacation to Tokyo, but today I wanted to share a special Thank You card I made for my Tokyo friend, Kyoko Nakai, using Susan's Garden Notes Hydrangea die from Elizabeth Craft Designs. I'm featured with a tutorial for this card over on the ECD blog today, so be sure to check it out there.

One thing we were pleasantly surprised to discover in Tokyo was the appearance of hydrangeas. They're everywhere! In the city along the sidewalks, by the rail tracks, in the parks. And so many colors. My favorites were the blue ones with a touch of lavender. Here are just a few photos I snapped while walking around.






And here's Kyoko, who I met back in 2012 on the Tim Holtz Caribbean Cruise. We've been Facebook friends ever since and when she heard we were coming to Japan, we arranged to meet up for a some shopping and a wonderful lunch. Kyoko was so kind to spend several hours with us, answering our questions about Japan and suggesting several things we should do while there. I can't thank her enough!

So in thanks to Kyoko and to symbolize the beauty of hydrangeas in Japan, I created this special card just for her. I hope you take a moment to visit the ECD blog and check out how I created it.

Thanks and have a great Monday!

Comments

  1. Beautiful, Annette! I was just reading about Hydrangeas on the Japanese Gardens blog. Thought you might like to have a look!
    http://frame.bloglovin.com/?post=4955542697&blog=13593473

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annette,
    Love the hydrangeas, you are so creative.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com