Fun, Frugal Halloween Treats


Just a quick post on this Saturday to share a fun and frugal idea for Halloween treats. I love the Dollar Spot at Target and also love the Dollar Tree for quick inexpensive gift ideas. Recently at my local Target, I found plain black felt bags with handles. They stand only about 4-inches high. They had other colors, but I grabbed a bunch of the black ones.



I went through my bin of felt scraps & ribbons and pulled out my Tim Holtz Alterations dies and started cutting out these great shapes. I adhered them with Aleene's Tacky Glue. Sure, I could have gone crazy and added a bunch of extra embellishment, but I wanted to keep it simple and quick. I made eight of these in less than an hour.




Dollar Tree is a great place to buy some of these retro treats like Cracker Jacks (three boxes for one dollar!), black licorice, and DOTS. The plastic skeletons came four to a pack as a garland, but I cut off the skeletons from the twine. These became my "thank you for coming" gift to my Cards & More Club girls. As they arrived, I let them pick the design they liked best. They seemed to really enjoy them and snacked on the goodies while we worked on our class projects. 



More Halloween goodness to come over the next couple days, so stay tuned. 
When my Followers reaches the 500 mark, I'll be doing a big give-away, so if you're not already following, please do so!


Have a great weekend!


Comments