Creating Layered Stencil Backgrounds and Make-Aheads

Land ho! I'm back from teaching on my crafting cruise, which was a blast... until I got Covid. I'm fine, and I'm home, and I'm on my 10th day of isolation so by tomorrow I will be mask free! My cabin-mate Tiffany and only one other crafter contracted it, so we got lucky there I think. Regardless, we did have a fun time and I'll be posting a video soon of the project we made and talk a little about what happens when you get a positive test on a cruise. So stay tuned for that.

Back to today's post. While I was away, sailing the seas in the Southern Caribbean, I scheduled a post about making your own layered backgrounds with stencils, for your planner pages. It was over on the Elizabeth Craft Design's page, but I wanted to post it here as well.

Be sure to check out the video at the end of this post where I share my process on using the new stencils and some Oxide inks to achieve these fun backgrounds. You might learn a thing or two as I share some tips about my experimentation with inks, gel medium and color selection.

Even if you aren't happy with the results of a stenciled page, you can salvage it by using parts as embellishments. I share a couple of examples of this in my video.

The bonus feature in the video is making what I like to call "Make Aheads" which are little collaged clusters like the one shown here on the lefthand page. It's a super efficient way to collect ready-to-go pieces for our future planner pages.

Listed below the video are all the supplies I used, with links to each. As always, those links take you directly to the ECD online store, and if you make a purchase by using that link, I get a small commission on the sale. So thank you in advance for that.

Please enjoy the video and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for popping in today!









Comments