Bright, Colorful and Bold Seed Packet and Mini Card


It's time for another Group Post over on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today and the theme is Bright, Colorful and Bold. I hope you get a moment to hop over there and check out all the creations. As for mine, I've created this fun little envelope and mini card using the Seed Packet die and the new Rainbow of Happiness paper collection plus more goodies. I'll be sure to share the entire supply list at the bottom of this post.

Like you, I love trying out new techniques, and one of my favorites when die-cutting is to skip the cardstock and grab some pattern paper instead. As you can see here with the strawberries and leaves and flower, I've done just that. I select papers with similar colors to what I would use if ink-blending or using colored cardstock. Then I follow up with some inking around the edges to give more vibrancy and dimension.


The word Hello comes from the Phone Booth Special die set, but you can use any die you have. I love to cut out two of them, each in a different color, and use one for a drop shadow. It really makes the word pop!


The Seed Packet die set is great because it has so many dies to play around with. The window frame shown above is one of them. There's an actual opening/window in the seed packet, so I thought it would be fun to add a little "screen" you can see through. I used the Honeycomb Dots die and adhered the paper to the inside of the window before assembling the seed packet. It's cute to see the pink paper on my mini card front when it's inserted into the packet. You get that little peek at what's inside.


The card is very simple with papers on the front, back and insides. The sweet little moth is from the Wave Pocket die set and those word tags come from the new Reminiscence The Book 2 collection, coming soon. This is going to someone very special to me and the words on these tags couldn't be more perfect after having spent a super fun girls' weekend together.

I hope you enjoyed today's project and you take a moment to hop over to the ECD blog today to check out all the other Bright, Colorful and Bold creations from the team. Thanks for stopping in!






Comments