Eileen Hull new die release Blog Hop

Soooo.... it's July. The middle of Summer and the full-on heat. Everyone doing okay? Keeping cool? Well, here are some fun and frosty projects to bring a little cheer and chill to your day. I'm joining the Eileen Hull educators design team today as we debut two new dies "Mittens and Snowmen" in a BIG blog hop! These great little treat holders are so easy and fun to design and color, you'll want to make a bunch. I've got a tutorial on how I made mine, then be sure to hop over to Eileen's blog to follow the other fabulous designers and check out their creations.


First off, I chose to die cut the pieces of the Mittens die from medium weight white chipboard. This way I can color and stencil and do whatever I like to dress up my mittens. I applied color through the Holiday Knit stencil by Stampers Anonymous using Distress Oxides in Lucky Clover and Peacock Feathers. I did this to two mitten pieces.


Since the stencil was full of this wonderful color combination, I didn't want to waste it so I spritzed it with a little water and pressed it onto the base piece.


It gave this nice texture, but the actual pattern was a bit light.


So I went over it using the Harlequin stencil and Faded Jeans and Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxides.


I inked the edges with Faded Jeans Distress Oxide to give a finishing touch to all the pieces.


Candied Apple is the perfect red for the rick-rack trim and the hearts in this die set.


I inked the hearts and the other pieces with a little Walnut Stain Distress Ink for a bit of a vintage feel. Then I added the rick-rack pieces to the bottom of the mittens, trimming as needed.


I added some coordinating papers to the inside of my pieces before assembling the gift box.



Next I gathered some embellishments like flowers, berries and gems to decorate my little gift box.



Now it's ready to fill with candy canes and other sweet treats!



Next up is the new Snowman die. Again, I die-cut him and the accent pieces out of white chipboard and had fun coloring the parts with markers. 


Assembly is super easy and you can play around with the different hats and scarves in this die set. I had a few hearts left over from the Mittens die, so I added them to my cute little Snowmen.


This die set also has a nifty little gift box feature, so I adhered a snowman on each end and now it's ready for some Winter treats!


Super cute and super fun! I hope you enjoyed these projects. 

Thanks for coming to the Eileen Hull/Sizzix Chapter 3 Release Party Blog Hop! Check out the creative ways the Inspiration and Education Teams have used the Mitten and Snowman dies! We hope that you will be inspired too and share how you use the dies in the Eileen Hull Fan Club.
But wait- there’s more- the Release Party continues! You won’t want to miss the Facebook Live at Eileen Hull Designs at 12:00 noon Eastern time on Wednesday, July 1! Join the chat- and a random commenter will win the Snowman die. We are so glad you joined us to celebrate the Chapter 3 release.

Please hop with us through all of the projects and leave comments on the different designers' blogs. A lucky commenter will win the Mitten Box die!





Comments

  1. I love the pattern on the mittens and such sweet detail on the snowmen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pattern and colours used on the mitten box.....oh dear I’m going to need that stencil now! Jane R x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That stencil is a fun one and perfect for the mitten die.

      Delete
  3. Always adore your projects and tutorials! These are just darling!

    Sheila Styre-Briere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sheila. I'm so glad you enjoy them. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  4. Such fabulous projects, need a little "Winter" inspiration right now it was 105 degrees yesterday with more of that to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 105? Yuck. That's some real Summer there. Stay indoors, and thanks for stopping in here to leave a comment.

      Delete
  5. Wow love them The breakdown pictures are inspiration for sure thank you so so much Annette xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two lovely projects using Eileen's new dies Annette! Wonderful stenciling and colors on your mitten box -and your snowmen are so sweet with the hearts on their chests!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful! I really love your snowman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy! Thanks for popping in and leaving a comment. That snowman die is super fun to play around with all the die options.

      Delete
  8. Love,love .love your projects. The colour combination is beautiful and that stencil reminds me so much of pretty fair isle knitted jumpers. Will order that stencil when I buy those fantastic dies Eileen designed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy. I agree, the stencil DOES look like that. Enjoy your die and stencil when you get them.

      Delete
  9. That stencil is so perfect for this project. And I love that you used paper inside the box. It looks so finished & great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosemary. It's worth that extra little step, I agree.

      Delete
  10. Absolutely darling and a great tutorial! The stenciling is gorgeous on the mitten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie! That stencil is going to get a lot of use on the mittens to come, that's for sure!

      Delete
  11. Great examples! Love the stencils!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  12. I love the snowman box! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  13. Two beautiful projects and such a great combination of colours. The stencilling is wonderful and I love how you matched it with the Harlequinn Die. Beautiful! Jennie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennie! So nice to see you here. Thanks for all you're doing with Eileen's team.

      Delete
  14. Beautiful projects Annette, love the use of the stencils with the inks! Super cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Perfect gift boxes! 🎁❤️⛄👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  16. Replies
    1. Thanks Anita! Aren't these dies fun? I'm still playing catch-up checking out everyone's creation in the hop.

      Delete
  17. Two totally adorable projects Annette - I love the colours you've chosen and the perfect match of embellishments xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely! Great tutorial too. I'm loving seeing all the different things everyone is coming up with for these dies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and me too! I still need to go back and check out everyone's blogs. Thanks for stopping in!

      Delete
  19. Awesome colors and stencil design on your mitten box! And your snowman box is just adorable! Love the colored hats and scarves! Very fun projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Denise. And thanks for popping in and leaving a comment. These dies are super fun to play around with.

      Delete
  20. Beautiful stenciling and I love the colors! What a cute snowman too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And thanks for stopping in and leaving a comment. Eileen's dies are always super fun!

      Delete
  21. Wow! Love the stenciled pattern and embellishments on the mitten. That snowman is so darn cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise! Eileen's dies never disappoint. So many fun ways to play around with that snowman set in particular.

      Delete
  22. Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! Glad you like them. Thanks for stopping in and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  23. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Karen! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  24. I have that stencil so when I get the mitten die, I will borrow your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great choice of stencils and colors for the mittens Annette! I love that snowman too and am trying to think of the perfect little gift to put in there for presents for the mail carrier and other essential workers this year. So adorable and great tutorial. Thanks for being part of the hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Eileen. What a great idea! You've got ME thinking now. We have so many people in our lives that take care of us like our postman, delivery people, hairdresser, etc. that a little something in these sweet gift boxes would be perfect for!

      Delete
  26. Love your inking effects! 💙💚💙 That mitten is amazing! The snowman is really cute, too. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joellyn! These dies are so much fun to play around with and try different techniques on. I hope you get yours and have some fun too.

      Delete
  27. Thanks Annette! Such wonderful inspiration! I love the colour combinations.
    I can hardly wait for the Snowman ⛄️ to be back in stock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. He's really a cutie, isn't he? So much fun to mix and match his hats and scarves. You'll truly enjoy it once it arrives.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com