Lawn Fawn & Prima - Lovely Fall Card

Hi Everyone. I've got a super simple, lovely Fall card tutorial for you today. It combines "cute" Lawn Fawn dies and beautiful Prima papers and embellishments. I'm not a "cute" crafter, but some of those Lawn Fawn dies are just so great, I can't pass them up. I'm here to show you that just because everyone else makes cute things with Lawn Fawn products, it doesn't mean we HAVE to. So here we go...


The Lawn Fawn dies I used are "Stitched Pumpkin Frame" and "Outside In Stitched Pumpkin." The added stitches in these dies are what make them extra special. To create the shaker, first die cut the Stitched Pumpkin Frame once from Prima paper ("Autumn Sunset" by Frank Garcia) and five more times from heavyweight ivory cardstock. Use the "Outside In Stitched Pumpkin" to die cut Prima paper and a piece of clear acetate.


Adhere together five ivory pumpkin pieces. Trim the acetate pumpkin to the solid line and adhere on top of the stack. Hold with clips until glue dries.


Ink the Prima paper pieces with a coordinating ink. I used Wild Honey and Rusty Hinge Disress Inks.


Once you shaker layers are dry, flip it face down with acetate on the bottom. Sprinkle in glitter, sequins, small beads, whatever you like. If you want to see that pretty Prima paper in the background, don't fill the shaker up too much.


Glue the Prima pumpkin piece to the back side of your shaker and let it dry. Meanwhile, you can plan out your embellishment pieces. I used Prima's coordinating flowers and crystals and some cut-aparts from the paper pad. I also die cut a pumpkin stem and two curly vines, both from the Stitched Pumpkin Frame set.


Once your shaker is dry, flip to the front and add the stem and vines.


Make a 5" x 7" card base from heavyweight ivory cardstock. Cut the checkered paper 4 3/4" x 6 3/4", then the pretty border paper to 4 1/4" x 6 1/4". I made sure to include the birds up in the right corner, but this particular sheet also has a really sweet fox and fawn in the lower left. Just pick what you like.


Fan out three cut-aparts in the upper left, fussy cut two butterflies and shape their wings, then add 3D foam to the back of your shaker.


Adhere the shaker first, then fill in your card with flowers, gems, fussy cuts, and twine. 
If you like, dress up the inside of your card as well. There's so many pretty images in the Prima collection, you'll want to make a bunch of these Fall cards.


Here are some links to products I've used:



Thanks for stopping in for this tutorial. Let me know if you try it!


Comments

  1. This is so pretty - just love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. I wanna make more! So happy you like it.

      Delete
  2. What a clever card, Annette! Love the more sophisticated look using a Lawn Fawn die!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan! Thanks. I need to make more. It was such an easy but elegant card to make. Lawn Fawn makes many great dies that can be used for more than just cute projects. I have more ideas coming!

      Delete
  3. Love your card Annette! I’m so excited to see this die. I cut a similar one with my Cricut but not everyone has one! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy. You know, I promised myself not to buy more does and use my Cricut more (which I actually do, literally everyday) but those Little stitches in the Lawn Fawn dies are just so great as an added touch, I couldn’t resist!

      Delete
  4. I agree, Annette. The stitched dies cannot be replicated by the Cricut. I purchased this die just to make this card you presented. Tomorrow I am getting together with a group of ladies to make these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! And how wonderful that you liked this design and will be sharing with your friends. Have a great time and thank you so much.

      Delete
  5. Shaker cards bring back fond memories for me. lol

    I made one years ago, which was my first step into stamping and card making. I showed it to a local stamp store owner, and I was hired to be an in-store designer. lol It was a fun job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com