Two-way Slider Card with Kaleidoscope for Aimee

It's a special birthday over on the Graphic 45 blog today and I'm delighted to share in the celebration. Be sure to hop over to the Graphic 45 blog and wish Aimee a happy day. 

I made her a special card with the brand new Kaleidoscope collection and wanted to share some photos with you. But first, let's check out the fabulous Aimee. I love to follow her on Instagram because she is living her life to the fullest. She inspires with her adventurous spirit, her love of nature, her sweet pup Henry, and her amazing photography. If you don't already, be sure to follow her there as aimee.fili






It's always a bit stressful making cards for the Graphic 45 gang because I want to be sure to represent the paper collections well, and because they've seen so many beautiful creations it seems like an ordinary card just wouldn't do. So I searched Pinterest and YouTube to find a clever card idea with a little wow factor and found a tutorial for a two-way slider card. (Something I've never done before.)

The card measures 5" x 7" with a black cardstock base. I've used the Kaleidoscope 8" x 8" papers, some 12" x 12" Patterns and Solids, Tags and Pockets, and the new Matte Pearl Gems. 
(Scroll through the end for the link to the tutorial I followed.)

When you pull on the side tab, the peacock and elephants move at the same time but in different directions! Whoa, that absolutely blew my mind when I saw that. Even knowing how it's accomplished, I still can't believe it works so well. LOL! I placed the inspirational quotes behind the animals so they were revealed when pulling on the tab.


The inside panels are framed with the purple side of one of the Patterns and Solids, then the beautiful zebra image from the signature page is cut out on the left. I stamped Happy Birthday onto plain ivory cardstock, then got out my Distress Oxides to colorize the outer edges and also to stamp the peacock feather in the lower right corner.


I have to say the assembly is a little bit tricky and you have to watch her video a couple of times to get it right, but it works really well and is such an impressive card in the end.


I embellished here and there with the new adhesive-backed Matte Pearl Gems. I used the silver color, but they also include gold and black ones in the pack; lots of them and in various sizes too.


I popped this small flower on the lower corner which matched the collection perfectly.

Inside left

Inside right


Dawn at ItsOnlyADream97 made the tutorial that I followed. (I made adjustments for my 5" x 7" size.)  Hope you can check it out. Here's her link.


Thanks for stopping in and sharing a special birthday wish to Aimee with me.




Comments