It's November. Time for Fall cards!

Hello and happy first day of November! I love Fall (although it's still hot and humid here in Florida) and always think of our visits to New Hampshire during this time; wearing sweaters, crunching leaves underfoot, and seeing pumpkins on front steps. Some day, my friends, I swear I'm gonna relocate someplace where I can once again enjoy a cool, crisp Fall season. Meanwhile, I will continue to design and create Fall-themed projects here in the confines of my air-conditioned craft room.

Today I'm sharing a simple, yet pretty Fall card utilizing different Graphic 45 collections, textures, and die-cuts. Here's a look at how it came together.


Like many of you, I keep a collection of card sketches. This makes it easy and quick to start a card. I don't always follow the sketch to the letter, but rather use it as a starting point for the basic layout, then play with my elements as I go along.


Gather your materials. I chose this pumpkin page ("Don't Be Late," B-side) from Graphic 45's Halloween in Wonderland collection and the golden honeycomb pattern ("Harmonious Honeybees" B-side) from Nature's Sketchbook, finally the green striped paper is a scrap from Portrait of a Lady. I lay out ribbons and cardstock I think I'll use, but sometimes not everything makes the cut. For now, it's just about gathering.


Texture is an important part of any of my creations, and I'm currently in love with this "3D" woodgrain texture folder called "Lumber" from Sizzix. I embossed tan cardstock (on the left) then scribbled Gathered Twigs Distress Crayon on the raised surface, spritzed it with water and rubbed with my finger. Once dry, I blended Vintage Photo Distress Ink over the entire surface. I love the real wood result!


My card is 6" x 6" so I cut the green striped paper to 5 1/2" by 1 1/2" and used a decorative punch along one long edge. I decided on the tan lace and the gold ric-rac ribbon, which I found at Hobby Lobby.


Cut the woodgrain piece to 5 1/2" x 3" then adhere the elements as shown, wrapping the excess ribbon around the back. I find this to look much neater than cutting the ribbon on the edges.


By folding the bulky ribbons around the back, it does create an uneven unit, so I grab some scrap pieces of thin cardboard and adhere them to the back as shown, avoiding the ribbon areas which are already dimensional enough. Foam tape could be used here, but I find it rather thick for this layer.


Cut orange cardstock to make a 6" x 6" card base. Mine is tent-style, but make yours book-style if you like. Adhere a 5 3/4" x 5 3/4" square of the pumpkin paper, then the woodgrain unit as shown. I stamped my sentiment, then placed in inside the cute die-cut frame (Mini Picture Frames by Lawn Fawn). The stamp set is an old Stamp of the Month set from Close To My Heart.


Die cut the pumpkins, stems, vines and leaves. This die is called "Pumpkins" from Elizabeth Craft Designs. There are many Cricut files you can use too.


Die-cut a doily or simply use an existing paper doily and add some color with inks. I've used my favorite French Pastry Doily die by Cheery Lynn Designs. Add the pumpkins next, popping up the front one with foam tape for dimension.

After adhering the vines and leaves to my pumpkins, I added a die-cut leaf stem using Graphic 45's Tags and Flowers die. For a finishing touch, I added sparkly gems to the lower left and upper right corners.





Not difficult, very pretty, and fun to make. Let's kick off November with Fall crafts! Make sure you share your creations on social media for all of us to enjoy. I love following all of you, too.

Thanks for stopping in. Happy November!

Comments

  1. Great tutorial and card, Annette! I loved your idea of putting the cardboard on the back to take care of the issue of the bulky ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Susan! Thin cardboard is great for so many purposes like this.

      Delete
  2. Love this card Annette, and the great how to. You are really broadening my craft supply tools, :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monika. It means a lot to me that I can inspire or teach something new to others. Thanks for stopping in and leaving a comment!

      Delete
  3. heal from broken heart" I wish I could find the right words to say how thankful i am to this love spell caster called Dr Ibrahim for bringing back my husband after he left me and our 3 kids for another woman, After 12years of marriage me and my husband has been into one quarrel or the other until he finally left me and moved to California to be with another woman. I felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. i tried to be strong just for the kids but i could not control the pains that torments my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because i was really in love with my husband. Every day and night i think of him and always wish he could come back to me, I was really worried and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Ibrahim can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a Love spell for me. 28 hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he miss me and the kids so much, So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day, with lots of love and joy, and he apologized for his mistake, and for the pain he caused me and the kids. Then from that day, our Marriage was now stronger than how it were before, all thanks to Dr Ibrahim. he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that Dr Ibrahim is real and powerful spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are here and you need love spell to get ex lover back forever or save your marriage fast. Do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster Dr. Ibrahim now. Here’s his contact:
    Call/WhatsApp: +2348052074872
    Email: Dribrahimgreat@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com