Mix & Match Masculine Easel Card

It's another special birthday over at Graphic 45 today, and this time it's ALL masculine style because it's for Jeff Filimoehala. Jeff takes care of all those project sheets, directions, and making my photos look good when I design projects for them. 

A little birdie told me this is a big one for Jeff. 40!


I created this 6" x 6" easel album for Jeff's special birthday this year. This card layout is one I've used many times through the years with different paper collections. It's a design that always works!



Knowing Jeff's favorite color is orange, I dug into my Graphic 45 collections and found several different ones with orange. Which then gave me the idea, why not mix and match? So, let's see how many collections you can identify on this card. I've used at least four different ones, to give you a hint.



I mixed oranges and blacks and some deep blue for a pop of bold color. The stamps are from Close To My Heart, and of course that die-cut clock is from Graphic 45's new die set.


I used antique metal brad heads to flank the center stamped piece. My Cricut machine was helpful in cutting those nested shapes around the stamped image.


The banner was also on my Cricut and I customized it by adding Jeff's name to the pennants.



This base paper was originally black and tan stripes, which I thought needed more of that blue color, so I cut strips of blue patterned paper and adhered them between the black stripes.


Again, I used the Graphic 45 clock die as well as the gears die to embellish the inside. More stamps from Close To My Heart. You can't see it here, but I also stamped a big 40 on the inside area where I also wrote my personal message to Jeff.

As the years go by and I meet up with Jeff and the whole Graphic 45 family at Creativation each January, I feel more and more like part of the family. Or at least, a good friend. 

So, you wanna know what those collections are I mixed and matched? Then, hop over to the Graphic 45 blog today and check out my post there. And while you're there, you can wish Jeff a big, giant Happy 40th Birthday!



Comments

  1. I LOVE the card, especially how you mixed the G45 papers. Never thought of layering over sections with other colors, wonderful idea. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna! I loved making this. I don’t get a chance to make too many masculine cards.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com