Birthday Card Tutorial with Cafe Parisian & Frozen Treats

As many of you may already know, I get together with three friends once a month and spend the afternoon making cards each of us has designed. It's always my favorite time of the month because I not only create a card design, but I get to PLAY making other friends' designs! (I always love being the student for a change.)

Today I'd love to share with you this 5" x 7" birthday card I designed using Graphic 45's Café Parisian collection of papers and flowers, along with Celebrate tags. I love the new Frozen Treats die from Stampin' Up, don't you? I'll provide links to everything as I describe them in my tutorial below.


Before designing my actual card, I like to begin by selecting embellishments. Here I've popped out a few flowers and circles from the Café Parisian Flowers pack. These are great because they're card stock thick, pre-cut, and are printed on both sides. Talk about quick!


Next, I die cut various Café Parisian papers using Stampin' Up's Frozen Treats dies. I used both the 12 x 12 Paper collection and some from the Patterns & Solids.


I layered pattern paper behind a Celebrate ATC Ivory Tag, added some pretty May Arts ribbon, then die-cut the letters using an old QuiKutz alphabet die. (I cut it twice for more dimension.)


I cut a 5" x 7" card base from light blue cardstock, a 4 7/8" x 6 7/8" piece of dark blue cardstock, then a 4 3/4" x 6 3/4" pattern paper piece. The striped piece is 4 3/4" x 2 1/4" wide before punching the border, then a  4 3/4" border strip with the words and cherries. I lightly inked the edges of all the pieces with coordinating ink colors.


Assemble as shown.


On a soft mat with the flowers face down, gently stroke the petals outward-in with a large ball stylus to create dimension.


Then flip the flowers face up and "stir" the centers while pressing into the soft mat.


Layering elements as desired. I popped up the Celebrate tag with foam tape.


Keep on layering and having fun!


And don't forget the inside. Here I've used more Café Parisian papers (love those cherries!) and used Stampin' Up's soon-to-be-released "Labels to Love" stamp and Everyday Label Punch. Contact your Stampin' Up demonstrator September 1st to get yours.




What a fun card to create! Simple, right? So my question to YOU is do you make your own cards? If so, do you get together with friends or make them on your own?


I hope you've enjoyed my tute today. Not able to find Graphic 45 products in your local stores? 

Have a fabulous day!


Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com