Crazy Dogs Happy Wishes Card

I've only played with my Crazy Dogs stamp set from Stampers Anonymous once. I love this set, but haven't made time to play with it until this past weekend. I wanted to make a super cheerful Easter card for a friend, and incorporate the new Distress Oxides too. So today I thought I'd share how I made it...


First I got out my Distress Oxides and decided which colors I'd like to use. Then I cut a 6 3/4" x 4 3/4" piece of Ranger Mixed Media Cardstock. After smooshing the colors onto my non-stick craft mat (directly from the open ink pads) and spritzing them with water until I got nice beads, I then dipped and tapped my cardstock into the colors, moving around a bit and taking a peek each time I lifted it. Notice I said dip and tap. I've found Oxides give them best effect if I just softly dip and tap around into the colors. Once I was happy, I heated it dry with my Heat-it tool.


I grabbed two more colors (darker ones this time) and repeated the steps. 


After looking at it, I decided to add more Worn Lipstick (my current favorite Oxide) and then I was happy.


To fill in those open spaces, I stenciled more Worn Lipstick here and there. I love this new Ornate stencil from Stampers Anonymous. It's so pretty.


Next, I stamped these cuties from the Crazy Dogs set using Jet Black Archival ink onto the same Mixed Media Cardstock then fussy cut each one out. I used my water brush and my new Transparent Watercolours by Talens. They are so intense and easy to work with, and the water brush is neater than a paintbrush and cup of water. I enjoyed coloring and shading all these fun pieces. You'll notice I also stamped some accessories for my dogs from the Crazy Things stamp set.


Putting a hat on a dog is never easy, but a snip or two with my scissors was all I needed to get my hat around those puppy ears.


Same goes with this guy's hat. Doesn't that bow tie look so cute too?


Now the fun of layering everyone onto the card.


I used foam tape to pop up my two outer doggies.


I added Happy Wishes to the top left of the card, but it didn't seem to stand out enough...


...so I went in with a gray marker and created some shadows to help it out.


This card just makes me smile, it's so goofy and crazy and fun.


I hope you enjoyed this quick and easy tutorial. Have a great week and thanks for popping in!


                                       
                                       







Comments

  1. The Oxide background is gorgeous - love the Worn Lipstick! I love the hats you added to the cute dogs and the bunny ears are just so adorable! Your friend must have been delighted with this! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most adorable card! I am really loving those oxides. It looks like I will be buying more inks after all ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO HAPPY AND FUN! I love all the colors, and the way you've done the dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the card, gorgeous!
    Einat Kessler

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card! So far I have had no incentive to buy any of the crazy animals, but you did a great job! Very tempting! I love the soft look of the Oxide Distress. I think they make super backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com