Let's take a Safari Adventure

Happy Monday, bloggers and Graphic 45 fans. After returning from our fantastic vacation to Tokyo, Japan, I couldn't wait to return to my studio and play with the new Safari Adventure collection by Graphic 45. You are going to LOVE this one, no matter what type of crafter or artist you are! The incredibly beautiful imagery is perfect for a scrapbook, cards, mixed media, journal pages, you name it. I am going to make SO much more with this collection, but I began first with a Graphic 45 black shadow box.

I decided to use strictly the imagery from the paper collection in addition to a few die-cuts for my shadow box. Sure, I could've made room for family photos or miniatures or other embellishment, but once I got to fussy cutting these fabulous creatures, flowers and leaves, I found I could fill the whole thing!



You can probably calculate the amount of fussy cuts in just this area alone. It's a lot! But I'm one of those crafters who rather enjoys fussy cutting. And I challenge those of you who purchase this collection NOT to fussy cut. You just won't be able to resist!



I added several layers of foam tape behind images as I layered them into the frames to give dimension and depth. To the "ledges" between the frame openings, I adhered strips of burlap.



As you can see in the background, I've layered the palm frond paper between the two sheets of acrylic which come with the shadow box. And all my fussy cuts have been inked with Ground Espresso Distress Ink for a finished look.



To the top of the shadow box, I added this pediment die-cut from black matboard. I layered three of them together, gilded the front with a bit of Tarnished Brass Distress Paint, and adhered this with strong Tacky Glue, then more fussy cut imagery added in front.



Graphic 45's antique brass claw feet are perfect with this paper collection!



These palm fronds are from an old QuicKutz die I've had forever and use often.


Safari Adventure is starting to show up in scrapbook stores now, so run out and check it out in person. You're sure to love it!


Thanks for stopping in today. I've got lots to share about our trip to Tokyo. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for a recap here on my blog. Thanks and have a great day!

Comments

  1. Love this project! Can't wait to hear more about your Japan trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful seriously fine paper crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did here Annette and I love this line of Papers from Graphic 45. Awesome job and you hit it out of the ballpark...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Annette, the paper alone is beautiful but what you have done with it is nothing short of amazing! I just love the little 'scenes' you created and the images are so realistic. LOVE this - lots! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gobsmackingly gorgeous! I sure hope your hands are doing well after that fussy cutting marathon! I can only imagine the time and love you put into this fantabulous design. Grrrrr-geous! Hehe! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com