Lavender Thank You

Being on the Susan's Garden Design Team is especially fun because Susan's dies are made by Elizabeth Craft Designs, and the beautiful flower dies work so well with other dies and papers from this fantastic company.


Take this simple Thank You card, for example, which I created with two different Susan's Garden Notes dies: Lavender and Wisteria Vine in addition to the Barrel Basket with Pop-Up die set from Karen Burniston and Through the Lens Wood Series papers.


Let's take a closer look...


I cut the barrel from one of the sheets in the Wood paper series. (In this paper collection there's a wide variety of wood grain images shot through the lens of Els van de Burgt herself. There's also a Stone and Metal series.) I inked the edges of the pieces with different shades of brown Distress ink.



Next, I cut the pieces from the Lavender die, using Olive Twist and Perfect Purple Soft Finish Cardstock. I cupped the tiny purple flowers to prepare them for adhering.



I assembled the bucket along with its handle, then adhered the stem portion of the lavender plant.



Using my tweezers, I picked up each tiny flower and dipped it into a puddle of Tacky Glue and adhered them into place.



For the inside of the card, I cut a piece of pattern paper (Graphic 45's Botanicabella) 3 3/4" x 7 3/4" then die-cut the pop-up portion across the fold. I adhered this paper to a brown cardstock base measuring 4" x 8" to create a folded 4" x 4" card.



I adhered the bucket of lavender to the pop-up, stamped a sentiment and added the bow. The bow is part of the lavender die set.


Oops! Here's a lesson learned. You have to make sure your card base is tall enough for the pop-up so it doesn't hang off the inside of the card like mine. 


I could've started the whole card over, but instead I added a strip of lace across the bottom. 

I cut another wood paper 3 3/4" x 3 3/4" and adhered it to the card, stamped Thanks onto pattern paper, fussy cut the bird, and added two leafy branches from the Wisteria Vine die. To finish it off, I added two metal photo corners at the top.


This little 4" x 4" card was super simple and fun to make, and came together quickly.


Here's a list of the supplies I used today...

Elizabeth Craft Designs:


Other:
Lace
Metal photo corners
Thanks stamp (Close To My Heart, retired)


Comments

  1. I love Karen's pop up cards and this one looks beautiful with the lavender pop up, the plant pot looks so realistic too and the 'wood' front is beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com