Halloween Pie Box Treat Favors

Hello and happy Friday. Just For Fun Friday! I'm sharing these fun and easy Halloween treat holders made with a Sizzix pillow box die. (I've always called these "pie" boxes because they remind me of the McDonald's original apple pie containers.) This particular die is one I've had a very long time from Stampin' Up. 



I cut the pie boxes from Tim Holtz's newest paper stash Regions Beyond in the 8" x 8" pad. If you love Halloween and vintage, this is gonna be a favorite. 



I added a 1 1/4" wide band of paper around each. To ensure the scores and folds were crisp and lined up with the boxes, I cut these bands with the die, simply laying them across the center of the die area.



I had a bunch of these Halloween muse tokens in my stash, so I colored them with drops of Ginger, Sunset Orange, and Pitch Black alcohol ink. This gave them a cool creepy look.



Next I took orange and black Kraft Core card stock strips and ran them through the mini rosette die, assembled them, and attached the tokens with strong glue.



I stamped a strip of ivory card stock with Black archival ink using the Simple Sayings stamp set by Stampers Anonymous. Finally, I cut a strip of black tulle and tied it into a knot, then frayed the ends and attached them to the tokens with Fabri-Tac.




This is an easy, fun project you can do in just a few hours while watching TV or listening to Halloween music. All that's left to do is fill them with candy once Halloween is here. 


Thanks for stopping in today. Are you into Halloween like me? I can't stop making Halloween projects right now! I love it! What are you working on for the season?



Comments

  1. Ok, now I need that paper pad! I need to stop visiting your blog...you are costing me money, lady! hee hee These pie boxes are great! (I also call them pie boxes because of the McD's pie!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annette, I love your treat boxes...it took me a few minutes to understand the pie association. What a great idea! I love the paper. Thanks for sharing :) Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great. Thanks for the tip about cutting the band with the box-never thought of that. The tokens turned out great. I'm having fun with Halloween too. Have made a couple of shadow boxes. Have a few more of those planned. Today I pick up the new jack o lanterns and skull dies so I will making some things with those. Maybe a banner of skulls?!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful idea that turned out so cool! These would be fun to have on a plate when guests or neighbors show up or make a bunch for classroom treats or even take to nursing home with "gifts" inside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annette these are way cool ... I just bought my third Halloween pad the other night am I going to need to get another one ??!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Halloween pillow boxes Annette or should I say pie boxes! The Halloween muse tokens look fab on the rosettes. Love Tim's new Halloween paper, I invested in two pads so I can have one to sit and admire and then use the other without feeling bad about using that gorgeous paper LOL! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com