Filling the (Blog) Gap with 3 Card Ideas

I hate to put so much time between my blog posts, so as I'm working away in my craft room on CHA projects I can't yet share, I thought I'd share a few cards I've made lately.


5" x 7" birthday card using Graphic 45's Time To Celebrate and accents of black. Black?! Why not?



The bright colors in the papers serve as a nice contrast with black cardstock and stamping. The stamps are from Hampton Art for Graphic 45. I've added some glimmery accents with my Gelly Roll pen. (You may have to click on the photo to get a closer look.)



A few extra strips of the paper and some stamping make the inside pretty too.



This baby card measures 6" x 6" and features the re-released Baby-2-Bride collection by Graphic 45. Lots of love and layers went into this easel card for a special friend of mine.



Again, the stamps are from Hampton Art's Time To Celebrate set for Graphic 45. This Congratulations piece serves as the prop for the easel card.



Sometimes, but rarely, I go to other papers from companies other than Graphic 45. But I have to be really crazy about the paper to do such a thing. LOL. When I saw the Warm & Cozy collection from Carta Bella, I knew I had to have it. I'm in love with all the knit sweater patterns, the plaids and the natural images of wood and pine. This is a 6" x 6" card. I mixed some 12 x 12 and 6 x 6 papers from the collection. 



The stamp is from Close To My Heart's Snowhaven Card Making Workshop on the Go. Sometimes I buy the entire kit if I love the stamp set in it. Crazy, eh? I knew I had to have this one when I saw this lovely stamp in the set. I paper pieced the red portions over the green. The little acorn at the bottom is stamped in Chocolate ink and paper pieced too. You could achieve a similar look by masking off areas, but sometimes I find that a little tricky, and I don't mind cutting stuff out anyways.



The mittens were cut on my Cricut Explore from the CTMH Artiste cartridge. The sprigs coming out the tops are from a Martha Stewart punch.



Again, the inside of the card shouldn't get neglected. It doesn't take long to put down a few strips of coordinating paper and stamp something inside. As you may have noticed in the first photo of this card, I made a custom envelope from more of the paper collection using my Envelope Punch Board by We R Memory Keepers.



Okay, off I go back to creating for CHA! Thanks for taking the time to stop by today. Hope you're having a great day!


Comments

  1. I especially love the third card! Happy creating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That paper and the mittens are just what I need at the moment! Looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Annette, you have been a busy girl! These are fantastic! I love the colour palette of your first Christmas card and your second one has such a country style to it that I can't resist! Love your easel card too! Wonderful cards, all three! holiday hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com