December Journal Page - Playing with Frosted Film

Hello and a very Happy New Year! It's just hours from becoming 2014 and I'm sliding in at the last minute with my final journal page inspired by Tim Holtz and his 12 Tags of 2013. Tim's December tag was so beautiful with his poinsettia embellishment using a combination of clear modeling film and Frosted Film. Be sure to check it out here.

If you've been following me through the months, you already know that I have been creating journal pages inspired by Tim's techniques. Because I'm making pages and not tags, I've had to make some adjustments so the pages aren't too thick or bulky. So, as much as I wish I could have replicated that gorgeous poinsettia, I had to pass on it for my purposes. But I made sure to try out the Frosted Film, which I hadn't done up to now, and I officially LOVE that stuff!

Here is my December page…


All of my pages are 6 x 8 inches.



I started off by covering my page with three stains and a few spritzes of water to blend.



Stenciled with Evergreen Bough.



Stamped some snowflakes with Cornflower Blue archival ink.




Then covered the whole page with Frosted Film.  Hard to really see the frosted effect here, but believe me when I say it's really cool. I love how it mutes back the background elements ever-so-slightly.



To adorn my page further, I colored pieces of grungeboard with various Distress inks and covered each with frosted film, then cut out the snowman parts from the Winter Wonder Alterations dies by Sizzix. His nose is painted with Ripe Persimmon Distress Paint. Then seam binding ribbon for a scarf. 



Learning experience here: I stamped and embossed this sentiment on the frosted film page, however I don't recommend it since it makes the film want to bubble and wrinkle. I would suggest doing the stamping first before applying the frosted film.



Here's my page again, complete. Simple but shimmery with all that lovely frosted film.



Now that the year is over, I'm ready to compile my pages into a book. I created two chipboard covers covered in papers from Tim's "Destinations" line, added some stamping and embellishing, and four antique book rings.



I love that I now have a complete journal with monthly themed pages to use as I wish. I'll be sure to share it with you when I put things onto my pages and cover the back sides with more art.


Thanks for an amazing year and here's to a wonderful 2014!


HAPPY NEW YEAR!



Comments

  1. Happy New Year Annette. This snowman is just gorgeous. Loving your background too. Thanks for sharing. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this effect on the snowman page and I think your journal turned out great! Happy New Year!
    nannette

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful page! Love that snowman! Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com