Sick of Halloween? Don't read this post.

I can't seem to stop. I keep making Halloween things. You're probably bombarded with Halloween by now and are OVER it. But if not, keep reading.

If you've followed me for very long, you may remember this Christmas house I made last year with my All Things Tim Club...

Details on this project can be found here.



Ever since I made this house, I've wanted to make a haunted house version. So this weekend, I spent a few hours and made this...


Like my Christmas house, this one is adorned with all sorts of Ranger/Tim Holtz/Sizzix products. I made this especially for my friend and neighbor Patty who is as big a fan of Halloween as I am. She throws a BIG party every year and I wanted to make her something special as my personal thank you.



You can find these paper maché houses in Hobby Lobby or your favorite craft store. For the Christmas house, I used the largest size and the haunted house is the middle sized one.



What got me started on this was a really cool technique I found on the Ranger blog by Candy Colwell. She showed how to make tombstones with tissue paper as texture. You'll have to go check it out.  I basically did the same technique with Tim's tissue wrap and Distress Paints. 



By layering the tissue over a grungeboard skull shape, you get this eerie image underneath.



By wrapping the house in tissue wrap and scrunching it to create wrinkles, it gives this cool effect. For my windows, I colored plastic squares from Sizzix packaging with alcohol ink before gluing them to the insides of the box.



Battery powered tea lights flicker inside. I had to create a little shelf for the top windows to sit the tea lights. 



Inside the back wall of the house, I added this stamped skull image. If you look closely, you can see it through the windows when it's lit up.



936 is Patty's house number. I used Tim's Tag Labels. They fit perfectly over the door between the windows. 



Well, I'm off to deliver this to Patty now. I hope she likes it! Let me know what you think. And thanks for stopping by.






Comments

  1. Very spooky and cool. Neat technique to get all the texture. I'm sure she will really enjoy this house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty will definitely like it! It would take me weeks to do this...and you did it do quick and it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very cool! What a great gift! I love how you did the tissue paper too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool and I'm a HUGE Halloween fan so I'm never tired of seeing this stuff. Too bad we can get houses like this in Canada...we'll not that I've seen anyway. Hmmmm guess I could make one. Thanks for sharing this great project. Check out my blog if you aren't tired of Halloween;) http://canadiannickelscrapn.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOWSA.....this house is SPOOKTACULAR!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is pretty freaking awesome! Even your Christmas version is awesome, love it!

    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES I am sick of Halloween but your work is so intriguing I had to read the post. The spook house is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it Annette! So very cool. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This haunted house is so very cool! But......is Patty's house as scary as that? I wouldn't ask for candy from a house like this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved your Christmas house from last year and even though I am not a Halloween fan, this house is awesome. Bloody well done :-)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Wow, Wow! I absolutely love this. I am such a Halloween fanatic, that I'm off to my Hobby Lobby here in Phoenix to see if they have the houses. But I would also be happy to invite you to my Halloween party just so you could show up with one for me too. It's absolutely beautiful. You do such wonderful things. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com