12 Tags of 2013 - October Journal Page

Time again for Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2013. Tim's October tag is full of colorful whimsy with Distress Paints and the new Distress Glitters. I'm not usually a glitter fan, but I am loving the uniqueness of Distress Glitter. Leave it to Ranger to develop a better, distressable glitter. They get it right every time.

Be sure to check out Tim's tag and the step-by-step techniques he shares on his blog here.

My "tags" this year are actually 6 x 8 journal pages which I will bind at the end of the year into one fabulous technique journal.

Here's my take on Tim's October tag and techniques...


Gotta love that background with its creepy goodness. I'll share how I created the look...



I started off like Tim using Distress Paints for my background. I opted for a combination of Wild Honey, Dusty Concord, Crushed Olive and Stormy Sky. But when I covered the page, I wasn't getting the depth and darkness that I hoped for. (In retrospect, I probably should have picked Chipped Sapphire as one of my colors.) So instead of trashing the whole thing, I grabbed some Dylusions spray (After Midnight) and gave it a few shots of that, spritzed the page with water and let it run. Now I was happy.




Next: stamping. I kept the spider web stamp unmounted (not on a block) so I could touch and roll the stamp randomly around the page. I used Black archival ink for this.




Next are the words. Same stamping technique.



For Happy Halloween, I used Antique Linen Distress Paint brushed right onto the stamp, then stamped it down. 



I love how it created this cool ghosted effect.



Next up, pieces were cut from Grungeboard and covered with Distress Glitter in Black Soot, Rusty Hinge, and Stormy Sky. After the glitter had dried and set, I ink distressed the pieces with Black Soot Distress ink.



The glittered pieces are adhered to the page. 
I like to keep my pages simple with little added embellishment.



I hope you've enjoyed this month's page. Are you participating in the 12 Tags of 2013? It's a great way to learn some new techniques and create fun and interesting art.


Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful Monday!



Comments

  1. Love the background Annette and the ghostly writing looks fabulous. Great take on Tim's tag

    TFS Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. CREEPY GOODNESS for sure. I love the drippy paint....just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the background...and the foreground! :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I love the effect the antique linen paint had on your stamp-I'm adding it to my list! ;) Love all of the glittery goodness too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! That background is fabulous! Love how the stamping came out with Antique Linen distress paint.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com