Here's how my July journal page turned out...
My pages are 6 x 8 on Bristol, vellum surface, 100 lb. by Strathmore. At the end of the year I will create a book with rings.
The page begins like Tim's tags. Brayering on several Distress Stains.
After distressing over the colors with Walnut Stain Distress Ink, I spritzed some water on my non-stick craft sheet where the excess Walnut Stain was left behind, then dipped the outer edges of my page into the ink. Just a fun alternative to simply inking the edges with the blending tool.
I love how it has a coffee stain effect.
Stamping with archival black using the Grunge Cirque stamp set.
From the Regal Crest Alterations die I cut all three shapes from Grungeboard, then slathered a medium layer of Distress Crackle Paint (Clear Rock Candy) onto these two pieces and set aside to dry.
On the third piece, I painted Brushed Pewter Distress Paint and once that was dry I added Antiqued Bronze with my finger around the outer edges messily.
From the deep red Kraft Core card stock I cut the letters for courage using the Typeset Alterations strip die and adhered them to my dried banner piece.
Tissue tape, number 4 Stencil Mark, and a muse token embellish the top left of the page.
Once the crackle was cracked and dry I dabbed Peeled Paint Distress Stain over this laurel piece, then topped it off with Forest Moss to seep into the cracks.
The shield got the same treatment with Broken China and Faded Jeans stains. I eventually inked the outer edges with some Faded Jeans Distress Ink to give some added dimension.
Use the Word Play Alterations die, I cut USA from grunge and painted them red, white and blue with my finger as shown. After this dried, I distressed them with Walnut Stain ink.
Then I assembled my page and layered up the elements.
Now that I've done 7 pages, my journal is looking great! I can't wait to bind the whole thing at the end of the year. Thanks for stopping in today. I hope this has inspired you to try some of Tim's techniques as well. It's always great fun!