Mother's Day Card with French Country

Mom and I had a great afternoon yesterday, celebrating Mother's Day a little early. We met for lunch in quaint Cocoa Village (Cocoa, Florida) at one of our favorite restaurants Cafe Margaux. A perfect sunny day to eat outdoors, then do a little antique shopping afterwards.


Here we are enjoying lunch...




I made this special card for her along with a mini album I also created in her honor...


Made with Graphic 45's beautiful French Country papers, cardstock stickers, ribbon, and flower cardstock cut-outs.



I adore the entire French Country line. It's right up my alley with all it's vintage fruit and floral images, postage stamps, tags, and trims. You can't go wrong here.



Here I've layered up three of the cardstock cut-out flowers, curled and inked their edges, then added a bow using the printed twill ribbon, a black button and some red waxy twine.



This tag is a large sticker from the French Country cardstock sticker sheet. I stamped the sentiment with Archival Black ink and popped a pretty stud over the tag's hole.



This little queen bee is also a sticker. I layered it onto a large black button for added dimension.



The inside of the card should be pretty too, don't you think? So more stickers (borders) and pretty French Country paper. Mom loved the card. She gets only the very best cards!



As for antiquing after lunch...

Can you tell I'm dreaming up altered projects? 

With the exception of the Fire King bowls on the left, which my mom surprised me with. I had been oohing and ahhing over them in the shop when we first arrived and later she snuck off and paid for them and had the shop owner wrap and bag them up for me. Then when I checked out, the lady added my items to the bag. I didn't open my things until I got home, and there they were! (I thought my bags felt a little heavy.) Of course, I called Mom right away and thanked her, but asked her why she did such a nice thing. It was Mother's Day after. Her day. And she said, "Well, you're a mom too, and it's your anniversary, and you are always so thoughtful, so I wanted to do something nice for you too."


Ahhhhhh.... I love my mom.


I hope you all have a fantastic Mother's Day out there.



Oh, and by the way, it WAS my anniversary yesterday, May 9th.  21 years and counting with my hubby and best friend Paul.


Comments

  1. Beautiful card Annette! Belated happy anniversary - lovely pics in your post. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely stunning card! G45 were so right to pick you!!

    Lovely photos with your mother and husband - and that looks like a lovely altering haul. Such a lovely surprise to find in your bag too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Mum's card is a work of art Annette, just stunning work. What a lovely day you had with your Mum and how kind she sounds. Happy anniversary to you and your dear Hb x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you mind telling me, which stamp that is you used for the "Cherish the Ones you Love"? Love that! Gorgeous work of art. What a beautiful tribute to your mom! Thanks, Ruth Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the nice comments. The stamp set is called "Cherished Flourishes" and I didn't mention it in the post because it's a retired stamp set from Close To My Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Can you tell me who makes the sentiment stamp? That script is just perfect for all the vintigy stuff we G45 fans make!

    Thanks,
    M-C

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the reply, too bad it is retired!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com