E-Team Picks Challenge - Flowers

Today is another E-Team Picks Challenge over at the eclectic Paperie's blog. The e-Team Picks Challenge is held on the third Thursday of each month and each challenge is an opportunity for you to be inspired by one of our e-Team’s creations then submit your own and possibly win some shopping money in the eP store. This week it’s Sherry Cheever who picked FLOWERS as the challenge. I was so happy to hear this! Flowers are not a challenge at all, just a lovely excuse to make something pretty.


This is an 8 x 10 inch flat canvas completely covered with paint, Graphic 45 Bird Song papers, embellishments and flowers made of Clear Modeling Film. I'll show you how it came together.



I began by painting the surface with Antique Linen Distress Paint because I didn't want the background to be so white. Not that much of it shows in the end, but that's okay. It served as a nice primer.



Since I knew I was going to use Graphic 45 paper, I figured black would be a good background so I grabbed my new Mini Quatrefoil template and painted over the canvas surface with Black Soot Distress Paint. I didn't worry too much about making it solid and even, just dabbed it all over.



From the 8 x 8 inch pad of Bird Song, I cut pieces to fit on my canvas, leaving a border around the edges and a few spaces in the canvas with no paper so the background would show through. I really liked how this looked, but it felt a little busy for the flower idea I had...



...so I grabbed my White Linen Dylusions spray and gave it a wash over the entire surface and quickly took a clean towel and wiped over it to remove some. I wet the corner of the towel with water and wiped across the top banner to expose the words to help them stand out more.



Next I used Tim Holtz's Tattered Florals die as well as the Movers & Shapers and cut some flowers from Clearly for Art Clear Modeling Film. I inked around the edges and over the tops of some with various shades of alcohol inks.



Now the fun part! I heated these babies with my embossing gun and shaped them quickly before they cooled. (I wish someone would invent a glove that's heat resistant. Just sayin...)



My original intention was to use just the clear flowers on the canvas, but I found that they didn't stand out enough, even after I had whitewashed the surface, so I opted to layer some paper flowers behind each cluster. 



I dabbed some Victorian Velvet Distress Paint over the embellishments and once they were dry I rubbed some Cotton Candy Stickles with my finger over the surfaces.



The smaller flowers are from a punch. I made them dimensional by cutting a slit between two petals, then overlapping one petal over the next one and glueing. You know that trick, I'm sure. They also got a rubbing of Stickles. The stamped sentiment is an Inkadinkado wood block stamp I picked up from Michael's along time ago.



My bird got a wash of Broken China Distress Paint and Stickles once it dried.



Finally, I added Idea-ology metal photo corners after I embossed them with Tattered Rose Distress Embossing Powder. And the letters to make the word FRIEND are Idea-ology Sign Maker Alpha Parts which I painted with two coats of Antique Linen Distress Paint.  (You may have to click on the photo to see the details a little larger.)



Now it's time to share your work and to be entered into our challenge prize drawing! The e-Team Picks Challenge is all about inspiration and having fun! Mix it up and enjoy the creative process. Feel free to share a journal page, card, scrapbook project, mini album….Anything goes.  We want to see your work and hear about your inspiration. All of those who play along with our challenge will be entered into a prize drawing for a $15.00 gift certificate to the eclectic Paperie store. So grab your supplies and play along!

Here are a few things to keep in mind for this challenge...

• You do not have to use products sold in the eP store…but we do love it when you do!

• Share a direct link to your creation, not just your blog, using the Linky Tools feature at the end of the
  eP blog post.

• When uploading to any online galleries, please use any of the following keywords: eP, eclectic  
  Paperie or e-Team Pick Challenge.  Link your creations to the eP blog.

• If you’d like to be considered as one of our featured projects and be entered into our prize drawing,
  please be sure to add your link no later than 6pm EST on Thursday, April 25th.

Comments

  1. LOVE Wendy's modeling film (and I'm right there beside you NEEDING a heat resistant glove!!)

    Your flowers turned out so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful and those flowers are so pretty ! Ax really clever make trace x hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning canvas, Annette! I love those flowers...have to find some time to play with the Clearly for Art...so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beauty... and those flowers are so glamorous! I've just received my first ever Clearly for Art - what an inspiration!! Gorgeous layers of papers, and I love the quote in the panel...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Annette, this is such a beautiful canvas! You are so daring to put that black soot paint on right from the start - it worked perfectly! Thanks for the step-out, it really helps to see the process. Stunning project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful! Love that stenciled background and your gorgeous flowers, Annette, plus that stunning ornate plate = fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your flowers, Annette...absolutely gorgeous piece of artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love being the recipient of your handmade art pieces!!! xoxo!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Om my giddy aunt Annette...adore it all and those flowers are BEAUTIFUL...love it!!
    Hugs
    Tracy
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it, especially those fabulous "Wendy" flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. Tattered Floral dies are my favorite and I love how your project came together. I really need to get that modeling film out of the drawer and play with it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your canvas and how you made the flowers! Next time, I'm going to try heating mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your canvas is beautiful and your flowers are just gorgeous! You know I got a heat resistant glove with my curling iron, so I know there out there! Don't burn your fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I use the "Ove Glove" from Bed Bath and Beyond for modeling film.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com