April Journal Page - 12 Tags of 2013

I'm having such fun adapting Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2013 designs into journal pages for myself! Are you playing along? Be sure to check out Tim's fabulous April tag here and get inspired by all the artists linked at the bottom of his post, then try the techniques yourself.


Here's my April page...

My pages measure 6 x 8 inches and are done on Bristol, vellum surface, 100 lb. by Strathmore. Products used on my page are at the bottom of my post and link you over to eclectic Paperie and other suppliers.



There is something so cool and different about Distress Paints and now there's Metallic Distress! 



I love the marbling effect of the background of this page.



I added a bit of random stamping with Broken China Distress Paint and added the vertical ruler on the left side to fill out the page more.



I didn't have the plastic numbers like Tim's, so I improvised and tried to simulate it by taking a large chipboard number, painted it black and added clear embossing. Then followed Tim's steps on layering the paints...



...to give it a faux patina look. It worked pretty well, but I think the plastic would have been better. (I found it a little tricky to get the drying time just right before rubbing off some of the paint. Gotta practice that a little more.)  I added a piece of paper from the French Industrial stash (2 x 2 square) after blending some color over the surface.



I just love this technique of layering a second set of wings stamped on Clearly for Art Modeling Film. Heating the film gave some curve to the wings. Cool!



I added some more tissue tape to my page vertically next to the ruler. The new pack of tissue tape called  "Elements" is great because is has four different rolls of various widths. Love that!


I hope I've inspired you to try out these techniques for yourself and create something beautiful today!

Comments

  1. Looks great! Love the idea of adapting it to a journal page. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page Annette!
    Looking forward to meeting you for real at Ranger U: Only 2 short weeks away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty! The marbling does look amazing (can't wait for my metallic distress to arrive...), and it's so great that on a page there's space for it to really shine. A beautiful take on the April tag!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Annette! I love your idea of creating a page based on the monthly tags. I did cards a few years ago, it was fun to mix it up! And, funny enough, I woke up this morning and thought, "did I make something for the last tag challenge?" (Only a crafter wakes up with those thoughts! LOL!) Your post reminded me that I haven't! Guess it's time to get crafty this afternoon!! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love LOVE the addition of the dragonfly!!! Beautifully done...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, hon, that's just plain gorgeous. Off to pin!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com