Here's my April page...
My pages measure 6 x 8 inches and are done on Bristol, vellum surface, 100 lb. by Strathmore. Products used on my page are at the bottom of my post and link you over to eclectic Paperie and other suppliers.
There is something so cool and different about Distress Paints and now there's Metallic Distress!
I love the marbling effect of the background of this page.
I added a bit of random stamping with Broken China Distress Paint and added the vertical ruler on the left side to fill out the page more.
I didn't have the plastic numbers like Tim's, so I improvised and tried to simulate it by taking a large chipboard number, painted it black and added clear embossing. Then followed Tim's steps on layering the paints...
...to give it a faux patina look. It worked pretty well, but I think the plastic would have been better. (I found it a little tricky to get the drying time just right before rubbing off some of the paint. Gotta practice that a little more.) I added a piece of paper from the French Industrial stash (2 x 2 square) after blending some color over the surface.
I just love this technique of layering a second set of wings stamped on Clearly for Art Modeling Film. Heating the film gave some curve to the wings. Cool!
I added some more tissue tape to my page vertically next to the ruler. The new pack of tissue tape called "Elements" is great because is has four different rolls of various widths. Love that!
I hope I've inspired you to try out these techniques for yourself and create something beautiful today!