EP Design Team Bonus Project

My first official post on the Eclectic Paperie Blog is today. As a new design team member, I'm excited to share my Graphic 45 Place in Time Calendar with you. So be sure to jump over there and check it out.

Eclectic Paperie is an online boutique for all those paper craft lovers out there. They have an "eclectic" assortment of products, supplies, tools and materials to assist you in your quest for creative expression.


Here's a peek at my project...

Photos of each page and the techniques to create them are on the EP Blog.



Here on my blog today I thought I'd share a Bonus Project I created with the leftover scraps from the larger calendar project on the EP Blog. The main calendar is 8 x 8 inches and the Bonus Project is this smaller one (about 4 x 5 1/2). It took less than an hour to pull this all together. Great fun!



Super simple, no embellishment, but very clean and pretty.



Here's how it came together...

First I created these mini calendars in Adobe Illustrator for 2013. I printed them onto scraps of the Graphic 45 paper that looks like parchment paper on the back side. Then I cut them out and inked all the edges with Walnut Stain.
(For a free copy of the PDF, just e-mail me at AnnetteGreen@me.com)



There was one left over postage stamp each month, so I trimmed them down and inked the edges.



A beautiful postcard image is part of each month's paper, so I trimmed them out and inked the edges.



Then adhered the elements to each month's postcard.



I cut 6 pieces of black cardstock 4 x 5 1/2 inches and mounted the postcards (on each side) centered left to right, then equal spacing from the bottom edge. This extra space along the top allows for the punched holes.



To create a stand, I cut thin black chipboard pieces. 
The left one is 5 1/2 x 10 and the right is 5 1/2 x 6.
Score the left one 4 inches and again 4 inches, leaving a two-inch flap.
The right one is scored at 4 inches, also leaving a two-inch flap.



I put sticky tape on all the flaps of the right piece.



I peeled up only the 2-inch flap area, then adhered the two pieces together overlapping the 2-inch flaps.
Then I peeled up the remaining tape and adhered the two 4-inch flaps so they overlap.



Once adhered, it becomes this tent. Nice and sturdy.




In my Cinch, I set buttons 1 - 10 and punched through three calendar pages at a time.



I pinched the tent stand at the top and slid it into the Cinch and punched the same 10 holes.



Using a 3/4" coil (since that's all I had on hand) I inserted it into the assembled calendar and tent stand then mashed it closed using the Cinch.



This would make a nice little gift for someone special. And it makes me so happy to use up those scraps!


Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have a fantastic day!


Comments

  1. Absolutely fab idea. I just love it !!! Thanks for sharing. Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is adorable and i plan to make these with my stamp club this week- thanks for a great idea! I'm not great at updating my blog as of late but i will try and post my version of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annette, love your calendars. Even the "dirty" edges. I would love to get that PDF file from you, but not sure how to get to you from my pandascrapper@gmail.com account. Reader is linked to my clacaleslie account, but I will give it a try. I used to use our CTMH Moments in Time stamp set, but this would def. be easier.
    I often check out your blog, but don't take the time to stop and say hello.
    Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. question for you- on the piece of chip board you used that was 5 1/2 x 8 and then scored at 4 and 4 leaving a 2" gap, that doesn't add up- should this be a 10" piece of paper instead of 8"?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The calendar turned out really fab the the embellishments for each month brilliant.. Thanks for sharing all the instructions..

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful projects, Annette! Love that great big project on the EP blog as well as this one you made with the leftovers. I love when I can make another project with the remainders! Gorgeous work, and a wonderful showcasing of those G45 papers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Kelly is right, the measure of the larger scored cardboard piece should be 5 1/2 x 10. I have fixed it now so it reads correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love, love, love both of your calendars. I don't have time this year to make them, but may get the paper to start early for the following year. Great project. The January one had me. Thanks for sharing. kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the exact idea I had for using those postcards! This turned out so cool. But now I have to think up a new idea. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous! Excited to go to the EP blog to see the big one! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just joined your Blog thanks to G45! My favorite paper company and you used the Place in time wonderfully. My LSS didn't have the 8X8 in stock the other day and that's the size I really wanted. After seeing your post, I'm VERY happy I ended up with the 12X12. Great use of all of the paper in the pack. Now I can have my 8X8 calendar and make an additional one for a gift. Thanks! Looking forward to much more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous project Annette! Love the postcards...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com