Card Set & Gift (Cigar) Box


Another cigar box. I can't help it. They are fun to alter and make unique gifts. In this case, a decorative box to hold a personalized card set for my friend who shall not be named. (This will be a test to see if she actually reads my blog or not.) We exchange handmade gifts each year for Christmas and this will be hers from me.



This box measures about 5 x 6 1/2". Where do you get cigar boxes, you ask? Pop in to your local smoke shop and they will likely have empty cigar boxes they will either give or sell to you for a few dollars. If you're looking for vintage, that's another story. Surf the net and I'm sure you'll find plenty to choose from, but it will cost a pretty penny. I grabbed some papers from My Mind's Eye "Honey" pack, some Prima flowers, Glitz embellishments, black lace ribbon and wooden alphabet letters and whipped this up this morning. I distressed the papers with Vintage Photo to give more of a vintage feel.



I made 8 cards with the papers I had left, personalizing each with this pretty L monogram stamp. This stamp came from a retired set from Close To My Heart called Baroque Alphabet. But the star of the show here is the new Spellbinders Die-D-Lites called Fantastic Flourish One. This is definitely going to be a well-used die for me. I absolutely LOVE it! So detailed and ornate, and I just love the small size of the new D-Lites. Perfect for cards.



Each card is a little different but the layout is the same. These fit nicely inside the box, along with some envelopes and extra L's in case she wants to make more cards for herself.



If you missed the cigar box I made for my mom a few weeks ago, here's how it turned out...

Also with the same paper. You can check out all the details on this box here.



And if you haven't had enough of altered cigar boxes...

This is my "traveling" box adorned with all things Tim Holtz. All the details on this one are here.



Thanks for stopping by today. Hope this inspires you to run down to your local smoke shop and whip up something cool for someone special this year. And remember to shop at Eclectic Paperie for all your eclectic paper crafting needs!

Comments

  1. Beautiful Annette! Love your cigar boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous, Annette! I remember the other two... what gorgeous creations... I bet she'll be reading your blog soon if she's not already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, I'm left with my mouth open. And I love your cards. LOVE your cigar boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so talented Annette! Each of the cigar boxes are so pretty yet unique. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com