Retro Sketch Card - Bo Bunny Serenade

If you're a card maker and love sketches, then let me direct you to the Retro Sketches blog. I love these simple sketches and enjoy checking out all the beautiful cards artists post there. What a great source of inspiration!

Although I often go there for ideas, this is my first time posting to the Retro Sketches blog with one of my card designs.



Here's this week's Retro Sketch...

 




And here is my card design...

I was at a weekend crop not long ago and purchased some of this BE-autiful Bo Bunny Serenade paper. I just fell in love with all the deep rich colors and prints in this collection. I like to buy the 6 x 6 stacks for card making and the 12 x 12's for scrapbooking. The gals I was cropping with loved this paper too, so I thought it perfect to teach them how to make this card in our monthly card-making group. I hope they like it.




The flowers are cut from my Tattered Flower Garland (Sizzix Alterations strip die) by Tim Holtz (of course!) and I stamped each with a script stamp from Close To My Heart's Universal Backgrounds set. All the great pewter accents are Close To My Heart, as is the "Thanks" stamp which is from the Casual Expressions set. I love that so many of the expressions in this stamp set have a coordinating Cricut cut on the Artiste Cricut cartridge!




Here's another pewter accent and a close-up look at the embossed background and border punch. 



Thanks for stopping by and checking out my card. Why not hop over to the Retro Sketches blog and see what others have created using this week's sketch?



Comments

  1. Beautiful card! Those flowers are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a while since I've been online touring the blogs. I really really love this card. I know you had pointed this paper line when we were at the CCG but this card really brings out the beautiful colors and design of this particular BoBunny line. Simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com