September Stamp of the Month Blog Hop

It's another Stamp of the Month Blog Hop with Close To My Heart and September's cute fall-themed set is called "Fall Favorites." It contains seven images and several seasonal phrases perfect for fall cards and projects. You can view all the images in this set in the right-hand column of my blog page.

Over 60 consultants are participating in this month's Blog Hop so you're sure to get lots of inspiration. If you're already hopping, you came here from Amy McVey's blog. To see where to go to next, keep scrolling through my post to the end.

Okay, so I'm not real happy with my daughter right now because just as I am ready to take photos of my card for the blog hop and place this post, I realize she has taken my camera to the movies with her. I texted her just now: "Please tell me you did NOT take my camera with you."

Her reply? 

"Sorry."



I grabbed the video camera to take a still shot, and OF COURSE, it hasn't been charged in a while and is totally D-E-A-D. So my only other option is my iPod Touch. Now is when I'd really love to have an iPhone because the quality of the iPod Touch is not great, as you'll see. So you'll have to forgive the quality this month and encourage me not to ring my kid's neck.


Here's my card...

It's a 5 x 7 card on New England Ivy card stock and the papers are from the new Flirty paper packet. I tried to take several close-ups of the scarecrow, but no-can-do with the iPod Touch. But I CAN tell you that I am really enjoying Close To My Heart's new alcohol markers. So easy to blend. I loved coloring in the scarecrow with them. In the lower right corner are some of the new Just Blooms Floret Paper Shapes layered up and topped off with a wooden button. 




For the word "fall" I stamped it four times in four different colors: New England Ivy, Goldrush, Honey, and Autumn Terracotta.




Then I used the Goldrush one as a base and cut around the stamped image. Then cut the other letters as shown so I could paper piece them back together.




The Happy banner is a cut from the new Artiste Cricut cartridge and the letters are stamped using the Tiny Typewriter alphabet, one of my go-to favorites for small words.



Thanks for stopping by and putting up with the blurry photos. Onward through the Blog Hop. Next up is Doreen Guilfoyle's blog. Let's go check out what she's created.







Comments

  1. Adorable card, even if it's not the usual photography we're used to seeing from you. Welcome to the fun ride I like to call life. LOL (P.S. I have a 4yo and 6yo, and I've had some strange things misplaced by them, as well...yes, strange is the best word.) Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like how you used the different colors for the word Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your card! That banner is fun. I am very curious about the postage stamp border that runs through the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you did those letters. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I really love this card and thinking I need to start making some larger cards myself. It's got a lot going on without looking fussy at all. The camera story just added to the whole blog - although I'm right there with ya! I did a similar thing the other day. Arghhh. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and I loved the colorful "fall".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is stunning! Give your DD a hard time from all of us- sounds like something mine would do too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Camera or not, your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower here and a new consultant who lives in Davenport Fl. geesh I just noticed the name of your blog..is your upline sherri!? me too!
    Here's hoping that I get to meet you. oh and lovely work :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Camera be darned, it's a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all the great comments. To answer a few questions: Lalia, the Kraft border is cut using a Fiskars punch. And Michelle, yes, I'm a second downline to Sherri Tozzi. Welcome to the CTMH family and I hope to meet you soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all of the details! Thanks for showing how you created the multi-colored fall.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card as always! Don't you just love being a mom to a young adult! What's always missing in our house? tools! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com