Holtzian Patchwork

A few of my girlfriends were lucky enough to take a few classes with Tim Holtz this past summer at Whim So Doodle in St. Petersburg, Florida and came home with several projects, one of which was a wonderful patchwork filled with Tim's techniques. Like me, many of you have probably seen different variations of patchworks by Tim. I've always had it in the back of my mind to create one myself, and I finally got an opportunity so I'll be teaching this one at my All Things Tim class this month.


I got out my trusty Compendium of Curiosities book and started studying the techniques, picking and choosing which ones I wanted to use. Then I went to my local craft store and purchased a black 9 x 12 canvas on which to mount everything. Finally I got out all my Idea-Ology goodies and Stampers Anonymous stamps and spread them out before me. And let's not forget my Sizzix Alterations dies too.



Here are a few close-ups with the techniques I used from the book...


Dabber Resist, pg. 37




Scribble Stain Distress, pg. 34




Alcohol Ink Agate on Grunge, pg. 53




Rusted Enamel, pg. 41




This was just a Kraft Resist thing I did with Peeled Paint Distress Stain.




Rock Candy Distress Stickles, pg. 47




Weathered Wood Grunge, pg. 50


These are just a few I highlighted, but if you go back and click on the main photo you'll also see the following techniques from the book as well:

Shabby Chic
Inking Grunge
Double Distress
Distress Crackle
Altered Metal with Paint
Industrial Grunge
Altered Metal Alcohol Inks
Grungepaper Flowers


Thanks for stopping in today. I always appreciate it!


Comments

  1. Very pretty! You did a wonderful job creating this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I have wanted to make one for the longest time too but just haven't sat myself down to do it. Yours is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for taking the time to not only share your art but also to explain what you did and reference the techniques. You created a beautiful art piece! Ok. Now I have to try one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely beautiful!!! I love all the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Annette!! I wish I lived closer so I could take your classes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, I wish I lived closer too! I LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice. What a gathering of mini projects all in one presentation. Each is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous Annette!!! These are always so fun to make and even better to look at!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool!!
    Really a great creation!!
    Manu

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful piece of "patchwork. All the details are great to look at. I am sure your class will be a succes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool! I really want to do one of these too. I am curious though, do you have to get permission in order to teach this class?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely, Annette! It really appeals to my sense of order. Nice job!

    Cheers,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is beautiful! Each section is a jewel!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great adaptation of Tim's techniques, love the overall finished combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your project is beautiful - it's like a homage to Tim :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Annette, you do such incredible, perfect work! I think this is one of the best samplers I've ever seen. Very inspiring!! Oh, and your pics are really fantastic - love seeing it all up close.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous. One of the nicest I've seen!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com