12 Tags of Christmas TAG 9

Wow, better late than never. It's almost 10:00 p.m. here on Day 9 of Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas and I finally got a chance to complete my tag. (Or in my case, my ornament.)

You see, I was having fun all morning with 13 friends in my All Things Tim group. Here is what we made, in case you missed it last month when I posted it.



It's a holiday wall hanging made from a dollar store serving tray. See my post last month for more pictures and info. See the lamppost back there in the background? That got me thinking... So quickly before my class started, I took a peek at Tim's blog to check out Tag #9 and besides his great creation, he showed us tags made my Ted and Michelle Cutts (AKA Mr. & Mrs. Stampers Anonymous) and I really liked Ted's rendition using the Holiday Lamppost die. I was so inspired, I knew I had to use the lamppost today.


So let's back up and take a look at Tim's tag today...


Be sure to check out Tim's blog post today to see all the details and techniques that went into making this great tag. (sure do like that candle.)



Now, here's Ted's tag...


I just love the look of the lamppost, all frosty and festive.



Now here's what I came up with...


Remember, my "tags" are actually ornaments for my Christmas tree. I love how this turned out with all the glitter and hints of glitz.




I've discovered that my photography could use a little work. Can't ever seem to get rid of the shine from my light. I followed Tim's technique of clear embossing Distress Inks. Works like magic! Here I used the holly branch from the Holiday Wishes stamp set (CMS095) for my stamping and used Peeled Paint Distress Ink. For the background color I used Fired Brick. It's really hard to appreciate the effect in this photo, but it really turned out pretty cool, I must say.




Just as we did in my class today, I made some yellowed glass for the lamppost by applying alcohol ink to a piece of packaging plastic, cut out a small piece and glued it to the back of the lamppost.




The effect is subtle but adds that little something extra.




Instead of the word "peace" I opted to use the leftover 25 from the grungeboard we cut from the snowman's belly on Day 4. I dabbed it with gold paint and added some Rock Candy Distress Stickles with my finger. Just a touch.




There's actually a lot of shimmer on this tag. For instance, I flooded Glossy Accents over the entire surface of the lamppost and while it was nice and wet, I sprinkled some Martha Stewart Crystal Coarse Glitter so the sparkles were embedded. Then I added Rock Candy Distress Stickles over the leaves and sprinkled a bit of snow at the bottom of the ornament with Martha Stewart's Tinsel Glitter. Be sure to click on the photo to get a better look at the details.


Well, now that I'm good and tired, it's off to bed to dream of sugarplums and Tag #10 dancing in my head. See you tomorrow!

















Comments

  1. Beautiful tag, Annette!! And that is an awesome wall hanging project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well done! Wish i lived closer to be in on the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another stunning tag. Love the light in the lamp post. Thanks for a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fabulous job.. love the tags and new to your site, how fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com