Holy cow, am I right? He's amazing. I love this!
Be sure to go to Tim's blog post today and check out all the steps and techniques to make this tag.
Here's how Tim's tag inspired me...
I knew there would be times when the shape of my ornament tags would come back to haunt me. Sometimes it's a bit tricky to adapt Tim's creation to the shorter and wider shape I'm using. Case in point: (and this is a nit-picky artist thing, I know) I didn't have the room to shift the gear on the right up a little higher. (see Tim's). At least I wasn't paying attention when I glued them; let's say that.
So when I took a final look, I realized that my ticket and my gears are straight across from each other. A graphic design no-no. But hey, those suckers were well-glued by the time I realized it, so I "kept calm and carried on" and did what I could. To try and offset things a little, I added a piece of green twine to the pointing finger on the left, as well as some punched green holly leaves (Thanks Lisa). This sort of tricks the eye a bit forcing it to see the green ribbon on the right and the greenery on the left as diagonally opposing items. It works a lot better when the photo is not taken on a dark green background.
(You're just gonna have to trust me on this.)
I didn't have the Weathered Clock die, so I used this giant Sizzix snowflake die. As for the Snow Cap White background image, even after a very long drying time, the inks did not resist when rubbed over the white. Sort of muddied up. But hey, it's grungy, so I'm fine with it. Here I used Grunge Cirque and School Desk stamps by Stamper's Anonymous.
Don't you love these sprockets and the spinner all piled up on the two grungeboard gears? Very cool.
I have used these great alpha parts before but never tried Glossy Accents over them. Wow is this ever a cool transformation!
The steampunk guys from the Curious Possibility stamp set are great, but just a bit long for my tag, so I snipped them apart and raised up the middle guy and scooted the other two behind him a bit. I love how this looks. Now I just need to add some holly and berries.
I didn't have any tiny holly leaves so I fudged it with some Christmas Red and Peeled Paint Stickles. (You'll have to click on the photo to see that detail.) Even though this tag has a lot going on and looks really busy on my tree, I absolutely loved making it and am pleased with how it turned out.
Thanks for checking me out. Have a great day!