12 Tags of Christmas TAG 3

Today's tag by Tim Holtz features the Season's Silhouettes stamp set and how it coordinates with the Christmas Backgrounds Texture Fade. This one-two punch makes a project seem like you've taken hours because of the texture and the color you achieve.

Here's Tim's tag #3... Be sure to go to his blog post today and follow along all the steps to make it. And you'll enjoy a special treat while you're there because he's also included a video from 7 years ago when he was on the Carol Duvall Show. Brings back memories.


DSC00927



If you've been following along, you know that I've been creating ornaments for our Christmas tree inspired by all of Tim's tags this year. Here's what I came up with today...


Just a few adaptations today. I had borrowed the Festive Greenery die on day 1 of the tags from my neighbor and then returned it to her later that afternoon. This morning when I woke up extra early to make day 3's tag, I saw Tim used the die again. While Patty was probably awake, I didn't want to bother her at 6:00 a.m. on a Saturday to borrow the die again. If I know her, she would have been happy to lend it to me and would probably give me a cup of coffee too.



This is where I had to make do with what I had rather than wake Patty. A few cuts on the Cricut, a Martha Stewart punch, and a QuicKutz die, plus some poinsettias from the craft store came together nicely. I added some Platinum Stickles and some red gems.






As convinced as I was that I had a silver jingle bell somewhere in this house, I was evidently mistaken. I had these tiny bells right here in my studio so I just used those. I liked Tim's trick with wrapping the twine around a pencil and heating it to keep the curl. Worked like a charm!






One thing I learned today is that Tim knows what he's talking about, so when he gives us a video link for tips on how to properly use the stamps with the Texture Fades, we need to pay attention. About mid-way through that video, he tells us to shift the stamped image about 1/8 inch lower than the texture fade image before running it through your machine. Above is an example if you don't do that.  

It's always a learning experience.





Thank you for taking the time to visit me today. I hope you have an enjoyable Saturday.

Comments

  1. Your ornaments are coming out beautifully! Awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea - I think this is gorgeous - your tree is going to be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like yours better than Tim's! (Shh, did I say that???) LOL Beautiful. I'm enjoying seeing what you come up with everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tags. Yours is so much prettier than Tim's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely great! and I agree much more prettier than Tims. I picked yours up straight away as it was so different. Your tree is going to look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tag! And, thanks so much for the tip - I would have done exactly the same thing. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol I felt like I wrote that sentence about jingle bells missing. ;)

    thanks for showing what happens when you DO NOT shift the paper. I was wondering just how bad it could be. hehe now we know!

    Great tag! I think your greenery substitutions came out lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com