Go Away Irene

There's this gal Irene that no one really likes. I hate to say it, but she just causes trouble wherever she goes. I have my Cherish Club scrapbooking group this Friday night and she's been hinting that she's going to show up. After sending out my reminder to the club members yesterday for RSVPs, I'm not getting much response. They all are pretty sure she's going to be here. I may have to cancel. All because of Irene.




Living in Florida, we are used to tracking and preparing for hurricanes. Fortunately, you never really see much panic. People calmly buy their water and canned goods, the hardware stores are busy with shoppers buying wood to block their windows, and if you're like me, you are starting to think about packing up your scrapbook albums in large waterproof containers.

The only thing different about this time is my husband is in Denver on a business trip. But it's okay. My father-in-law's senior living facility is a certified category 4 hurricane shelter, so that's where we're headed if the need arises.

So today I will join the shoppers and get my necessary supplies and have the news on all day in the background while I create in my studio.




Comments

  1. I will pray that you have a safe and uneventful day. My son lives in Fort Meyers and he was telling me the other day that they might be in the path, but since then it has moved away and taking a path up the east side. Not good for you but is good for my son. Stay safe!!!!

    Love your layouts with the new paper packs. Just love your work. I follow your blog all the time, LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping happy thoughts going your way. I too am in Florida...just the other side of the state...almost directly across from you (Clearwater/Tampa area). So, like you we are watching and tracking. I pay that you have a safe weekend and you only get some rain and maybe a "little" wind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care and hope everyone remains safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doh, I had to read twice to get who "Irene" was! I'm from earthquake land, rather than hurricane land!

    I hope you stay safe and dry if that unfriendly Irene decides to show her nasty face! I hope none of your customer's share her name and get confused!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live on the Canadian prairies, so can't imagine what this must be like to experience. Sounds very scary. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com