Frugal Friday - Gift Frame

I can't promise you that EVERY Friday will be frugal, but I will certainly try. My goal for 2011 is to use up stuff instead of spending a ton buying new all the time.

Of course, this doesn't mean I'm not going to buy new stuff.

How can I promise that? 

It just means that in the event that it doesn't HAVE to be new stuff, then it won't be.

Make sense?

So here we go! I like to give out a small gift item of some kind to my club members. I have a scrapbooking club and a card club with a cumulative total of 18, so you can see that gift-giving could get rather expensive every month. Therefore, instead of buying gifts to give out, I like to create things myself. Or at least find something inexpensive and doll it up a little more so it becomes a nice gift.

In this case, it was these cute little black frames from Michael's that were $2 each...


These went to the six girls in my Cards & More Club. That's only $12 and they loved them! Each one was personalized with a monogram stamp.



Here's how the frame comes. I added some paper, pink ribbon, a pink flower and big black brad, all from my stash. The clear sheet of plastic is from a Sizzix package. (I always save those because there's so much you can do with them). In this case, I popped out the thin cheapie plastic in the frame and replaced it with a piece of this plastic which was much thicker, more clear, and more durable.



I used my Baroque Alphabet stamps to create the monograms, stamping with black ink onto Blush cardstock. Then with my Spellbinders lacy square die, I made a nice frame from black cardstock to go behind the monogram.


Super easy, inexpensive, and lovely!

Comments

  1. These are great, Annette! Your club members were tickled, I'm sure! Great idea to use up what you have....I'm trying to do that more, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Annette! I, too, am trying to use up what I have instead of buying more. From the looks of things I won't have to buy more until some time NEXT year, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved my frame! The idea was adorable. It's great to be a part of your club :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com