Weekend Play Time with Tim Holtz


Okay, the title is a bit deceiving perhaps. Tim Holtz wasn't actually HERE with me this weekend. Well, not physically, but certainly in "spirit."

Weekend Play Time is hopefully going to be a regular feature here on my blog, and the whole point of it is to showcase other products outside of my wonderful world of Close To My Heart. Let's face it, we love CTMH, but there are some other products out there that are pretty awesome too. And all things Tim Holtz fit into that category in  my opinion.


While I love the grungy, distressed goodness of Tim's projects & products, I also love to use them in different ways than what we see most commonly on his blog or by his design team. (I know I need to let loose a little more. My designs seem a bit clean and neat at times in comparison.)

Of all the papers in Tim's wonderful Lost and Found collection I chose the florals, of which there are only two in the whole pack. Otherwise, it's all these amazing vintage tickets, newsprint, collages, bottle caps, etc. (You get the idea.) The florals just pop up in the middle of the pack and they are gorgeous!

With a simple sketch in mind, I used Tim's papers, muse token, foliage, and jump rings along with some help from Spellbinders' Nestabilities die set "Blossom Two" and it's companion stamp set from Heartfelt Creations called "Innoscents Flowers 2". The Cocoa ribbons and Cranberry cardstock are from Close To My Heart including the stamp set "Fruitful Delight" for the word DELIGHT.

Now it's off for some more play time. Enjoy your weekend!

Comments

  1. Annette, this is just a lovely card. I love the paper and how you did the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Boy! I want to play along. Love the flowers, you are right it is hard to be a grungy as Tim. See you soon. DiAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. I usually don't go for large floral prints, but you've used these in a creative and beautiful way that is so appealing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com