"Thriller" Stamp of the Month Blog Hop


It's close to midnight and something evil's lurking in the dark


Under the moonlight, you see a sight that almost stops your heart


You try to scream but terror takes the sound before you make it


You start to freeze as horror looks you right between the eyes


You're paralyzed





'Cause this is THRILLER . . .



It's September and that means a NEW Close To My Heart Stamp of the Month and I truly think this is one of my all-time favorites. It's called (as if you didn't get it yet) "Thriller."

There are over 60 consultants in this month's blog hop, so I hope you visit them and get inspired. I can't wait to see what everyone's come up with! If you are already hopping along, you came here from  Carla Ironside's blog. Keep on reading and see where to go next.

Meanwhile, stick around a few minutes and check out my creations with "Thriller." I'm somewhat of a Halloween freak. I love to dress up, love to decorate, and have such great memories of Halloween as a kid. I have always gotten into it. And this Thriller set is so cool and creepy but fun and flourishy too. It's great!




For this tag I pulled a Tim Holtz and rubbed my Autumn Terracotta stamp pad directly over the tag which was cut from Honey cardstock. Just messy and carefree. For the frame stamp, I cut the little cartoon dracula guy right out of the stamp because I liked the frame so very much on its own. Then with a masking technique, stamped the skull inside the frame and inked to fill in the rest.




For my card I used textured cardstock in Desert Sand and Bamboo and lots of distressing with inks and tearing to achieve the look I wanted. The center image is embossed with black. The "ha-ha" paper is from our new Hooligans paper pack. All those random stamped flourishes are from the Thriller stamp set too.


Thanks for stopping by. Hope you leave a comment! Now hop on over to Kimberly Smith's blog for more creative ideas with "Thriller."
  







Comments

  1. Very cute work. Really like the idea of cutting the dracula out of the super cute frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great display of artwork. Loved your introduction!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great. I love Halloween too. Now I want to start my cards after seeing your cools stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Halloween, and these projects are great. The direct to paper technique on the tab was a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work, you are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your projects are fabulous! Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute projects...and of course now I have to go dig out my old Michael Jackson Record and play it!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Tim Holtz inspired tag - cutting out the Count offers all sorts of options for that frame! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hehehe, LOVED the intro! And what great artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning work as always, Annette. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic artwork! I also heard the "Thriller" song running thru my head as I created my artwork this month! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both cards are fantastic, but I LOOOOVE the skull in the center of the count's frame! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card! Thanks so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card & tag! Love how you did the skull in the frame.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com