Play Date/Mojo Coffee Combo


Wow. That was a mouthful.

I loved the Play Date Cafe Challenge so much last week, I thought I'd try it again this week. (and I received honorable mention last week, so that's pretty cool too!)

Here's the color challenge they provided for this week (#42) . . .


I said it last week and I'll say it again, I LOVE being given three colors to work with like this. I don't think I would have normally picked up green to go with brown and beige, but of course it makes perfect sense. Very earthly and natural. Why not?

I decided to go back to the Mojo Monday sketch challenge for the design of the card. This is #152. And here is my card . . .



Another coffee card (although my daughter said it feels more like a "tea" card with these papers and trims). I see her point. But only I know that cup is filled with piping hot Caramel Macchiato.

The papers used in this card are from Close To My Heart's Veranda paper pack. The Gratitude stamp is a preview of the upcoming November stamp of the month. The ribbons are from the Cocoa and the Colonial White collections, and the big sparkly brad is something new coming out in the Fall/Winter Idea Book September 1st. They're called Shimmer Designer Brads. With the help of dies and punches from  QuicKutz (cup), Spellbinders (labels) and Martha Stewart Crafts (border), the card pulled together nicely. I added a final touch over the steam and around the stamped Gratitude with some of CTMH's Stardust Glitter Glue.

Colors used are from the Close To My Heart palette: Cocoa, Bamboo and New England Ivy.

Comments

  1. This card is stunning! I absolutely love all the detail you put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Великолепная открытка, просто и со вкусом, очень понравилось!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning use of this weeks colors, wonderful choice of paper for your BG and your cuppa! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card. The colors are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful, Annette! Mmmm for a caramel macchiato, too.. Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. Design is beautiful! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty card! Adding the silver in the brad and glitter made it really elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is beautiful! I too love the colors and this paper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm HOISTING my cup of coffee in your honor, right now! THIS CARD IS WONDERFUL! Such TERRIFIC use of these FANTASTIC images, combined with the PDCC color palette! A good coffee {or TEA! ;o)} card, really rocks my world! Thanks for sharing this terrific piece with the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Makes me wish I had a cup right now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that cup with the steam--what a clever idea! I love that ribbon and brad too:) beautiful:) Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Annette, Congratulations, this is a wonderful card! Beautiful image and play with the challenge colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your win! Of course being that it's all about coffee makes me love this card even more :) Stunning...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com