My Heart 2 Heart Challenge Card

This is my first entry in the Heart 2 Heart Challenge. For those of you who don't know what this is, it's a fantastic blog (with a very talented design team) which hosts a design challenge each week. This is for everyone to join in and enjoy. The key to this particular challenge is the use of mostly Close To My Heart products, which is great for those of you, like me, who are huge fans of the CTMH product line! Imagine the inspiration you'll get from this great blog. I'm so glad I found it and can share it with you. Be sure to check it out!

The theme of this week's challenge is TAGS. Fortunately for me, I was asked by my friend Christine if I could design a Thank You card for her company (Harris Corp. in Melbourne) to use for their HERO program, to be given to those who contributed an extraordinary amount of their time to make their annual drive so successful. Every year, members of the staff contribute and collect school supplies and backpacks for local needy children. Christine says this year they collected enough to provide "very well-stocked" backpacks to over 800 local kids in need. FANTASTIC!

I was honored to be asked by Christine, and happy to help! Although my design of the backpack is not entirely original (I was inspired by designs I saw on SplitCoastStampers), I did put my own spin on it by adding an insert pocket with a pull-out tag.

You'll have to excuse my pictures a bit since my family is in Orlando with the camera therefore forcing me to do scans instead. The pull-out tag is more of a creamy color and has light blue rules like notebook paper that just wouldn't show up on the scan no matter what I did. (and I'm usually pretty savvy with the scanner and PhotoShop. Oh well.)


The backpack card itself would make a very cute tag all on its own, I think.

Products used for this project:
• Sarsaparilla paper
• Chocolate textured cardstock
• Chocolate grosgrain ribbon
• Barn Red cardstock
• "Simple Stitches" stamp set (C1234)
• "Say It In Style" stamp set (D1283)
• "Star Power" stamp set (D1403) for the stars
• "Comments" stamp set (D1359)
• "In the Month of August" stamp set (C1418)

Comments

  1. What a cute design! Our church did the same thing, collecting full backpacks and handing them out to kids in need. Ends up there were so many people that brought them in, they had to find other organizations to give them to! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card in honor of a fabulous project! As a teacher, I so appreciate organizations and individuals who can help students in need. Unfortunately there are more of them than anyone would imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annette, this is fabulous! I am so totally impressed with your design and color scheme! What a super tag for a super cause! Christine should be equally as honored for having you provide these wonderfully inspirational thank-yous! Thank YOU so much for joining us at Heart 2 Heart and hope to see you and your fabby creations again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fantastic! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely awesome - I love your backpack card and tag inside. This is incredible! Great choice of paper, too, just perfect in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so stinkin' cute!!! Love it...will have to scraplift it:) Everything works together so well. Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is fabulous, I love it! So glad you decided to play with us at H2H challenges and hope you will join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely adorable! So, so, so glad you joined us! I look forward to seeing more of you on the H2H blog!! Thanks so much for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a WOWEY, FANTASTIC card! Thanks for joining the fun with H2H!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com