More Coffee at the Cafe!



I see no reason why I shouldn't just make coffee cards for the rest of my life. Why not? Coffee is delightful and making cards with a coffee theme makes me smile. Sounds pretty simple.

Did you happen to notice that I won the coveted "Cup of the Week" last week at the Play Date Cafe?! It was like someone just crowned me Miss America. I was thrilled! I won a cute birdie stamp set and a paper pack that I cannot wait to get my hands on.

I find these color challenges so very fun, I can't skip a single one now. I hope you are playing along too and trying these different color combinations each week. Even if you don't post to the PDCC, show me what you've done. I'd love to see!

Here's this week's color challenge #43 and my card...




Thanks to this great Verve stamp set called "Delightful & Delicious" plus a recent Verve sketch, my card was off to a good start. Papers and cardstock are mostly from Close To My Heart. The border punch is from Martha Stewart Crafts and oval dies are from Spellbinders. That cute corduroy big brad and the ribbon slide in Sweet Leaf are from CTMH also. You may see the Liquid Glass details best on the close-up photo at the top. Liquid Glass is so versatile! It's a glue or a glossy accent (over the coffee cup) or a natural embellishment, as shown by the bead drops strategically placed on the patterned paper. It dries super clear and stays dimensional rather than flattening out as it dries. I love that!

Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy a cup of coffee with a good friend this week. 

Comments

  1. Just beautiful! Love the fun embellishments, and I could totally get into all coffee cards all the time! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is great, Annette. I love the colours of this challenge and may try to play along. Thanks for posting on your blog and Congratulations on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Hope you celebrated your "Cup of the Week" with a cup of joe! I'm a tea drinker myself but can appreciate your passion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely, Annette! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful use of this weeks colors, love the sentiment! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card--I love that brad and that ribbon! Fab job:) Thanks for joining in the fun and playing along with us at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As someone who couldn't accomplish much without my beloved coffee, I think you should send me this card!! :) Seriously, I love this - where did the sentiment come from? Might need to pick that one up!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the coffee cups! Can't wait to get my hands on the A Sip stamp set! By the way - I love your blog and have an award for you on my blog! Hop on over to get it! http://creatingwithchristine.blogspot.com/2010/08/cherry-on-top-blog-award.html

    Thanks for the inspiration Annette!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delicious looking coffee! Wonderful design! Congrats on your win last week. Love my memory box and I know you will too! Thanks for joining us this week again at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com