Coffee-Themed Double Challenge Card


I'm sure you'd agree, the more you hop around your favorite blogs, the more you learn. That is certainly the case for me! How did I never know about the Play Date Cafe before? Such a cute name and inspiring blog. (not to mention cute little coffee graphics all over the place.) They offer weekly challenges that really get you going! My friend Deb Young created a beautiful card for this challenge and inspired me to check it out and try it for myself. Thanks, Deb!

So that's the first challenge: The Play Date Cafe Challenge #41

The second one is my newest find: Heart 2 Heart Challenges


The Play Date Cafe Challenge involved color combinations this week that are a little outside of my comfort zone. (Funny how we get stuck in a rut, isn't it?) That's why this blog will be one of regular faves. It pushes me outside my zone. I love that! And once I got going, I was really enjoying the challenge.

For my card I used Tulip cardstock and papers, Colonial White and Creme Brulee with a few accents of black. This color combination has a warm feel and what better to go with that than coffee! I was recently inspired by Tim Holtz and one of his newest Alterations dies called Rosette that he demonstrated in a short video. Since I don't have the die yet, I just fudged it and made it by hand. Wow, are those rosettes easy and fun to make! (I'll be creating a video on how I made this card soon, so stay tuned.)


The Heart 2 Heart Challenge sketch is shown here. I love this challenge blog since it's ALL Close To My Heart products and inspiration. This new stamp set is coming out in the Autumn/Winter Idea Book and it's called "A Sip" and if you know me, you know that I collect all things coffee: paper, stamps, whatever! This cute little set has a cup, a spoon, steam and a few little words and phrases.





For my card, I stamped the cup and spoon image onto Tulip cardstock with Versamark and embossed with Black then cut each out closely. The center of the Colonial White rosette has a Filigree Charm inked with Black Staz-on inserted in it. The border of the card has been stamped with regular black ink using the steam image from the same stamp set. The ribbon is from our Creme Brulee collection and because it's a little lighter in color than our Creme Brulee cardstock, I simply inked it with a sponge dauber and more Creme Brulee ink to darken it up.

Hope you enjoyed your cup o' joe this morning as much as I did. Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by.





Comments

  1. This design would make a really cute "Join me for a cup" invite!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card! I'm a tea drinker, so I can totally relate to your java habit. Thanks for the inspiration and the new challenge site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on this sketch, your card turned out fabulous! Love the embossing, thanks so much for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card! I love the black embossing. What a great idea to ink the charm with staz-on! Thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful use of this weeks colors, great Rosette's, cute flourish coffee cup. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, so glad you found us!!! I LOVE the depth of that black embossed cup, it looks fab! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the PDCC! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy you came to play with us this week and we are happy to have this fun and colorful card in our gallery...a brand new challenge goes up at midnight tonight...hope you will come play again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card. The accordion flowers are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! I have ordered this set as well, I may scrap-lift! I love how you used the steam stamp to decorate around the border! Congrats on Friday Five! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what a fun card. I love the embossed cup! Great job. Thanks for joining us at Heart 2 Heart Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, love the rosettes. Thanks for playing along with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable! I used accordian flowers on my submission this week too...great minds think alike LOL Congrats on making the Fab Five!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com