Monday, March 8, 2010
Mojo Monday with an Irish Twist
I think I have a total of two people in my life who are Irish. Two that I know and like well enough to make a St. Patrick's Day card at least. Can you believe that? That's not too many. And I love the Irish! I've never met an Irishman I didn't like yet. As for the lasses, well that's another thing. Of course, I'm kidding. Just having some fun.
This week's Mojo Monday sketch inspired me to make those St. Patty's cards today. I literally pulled together about five different stamp sets to make this card. I didn't really need to do that, but sometimes I just have an idea of what I want, and I know just which stamp sets to pull from. For example, here are the sets I used for this one simple card:
(All Close To My Heart, of course)
• D1261 Simple Beauty (the word "Happy")
• D1270 March Word Puzzle ("St. Patrick's Day") now retired
• D1406 True Friends Jan. Stamp of the Month ("friend" and the decorative frame)
• D1239 Kindred Spirits ("Friends fill your life...") unavailable promotion set
• D1413 Cherished Flourishes (background flourishes on tag)
The patterned papers are by K & Co. (Teal Damask and Teal Floral)
The shamrock punch is from Martha Stewart Crafts.
I finished off the tag with some Olive Waxy Flax (CTMH)
Thanks for looking and enjoy your Monday.