Mojo Monday Butterfly Season



It's really, really trying to be Spring here in Florida, but it's sure taking its sweet time. Today was a gorgeous day, finally. My Sheltie, Suki, couldn't agree more. She barked and barked at the door, so I took her out, she walked out to the grass, sniffed heartily and rather than peeing at all, just plopped down into the grass and relaxed. I love it when she does that. It makes me smile every time.

It may not yet truly be butterfly season here, but all I seem to see everywhere is butterflies on cards, scrapbook layouts and clothing. I love butterflies for the obvious reason: they are beautiful, of course, but they are also so symmetrical and perfect. Not like us humans with two different sides of our faces. And they are so graceful. Again unlike most humans, especially me. So when I saw this big, beautiful Martha Stewart butterfly punch, I knew it was mine.

For my Mojo Monday card this week, I used papers from a little Photo Mat stack by My Mind's Eye "Home" collection. I added some Cranberry and Hollyhock cardstock from Close To My Heart, plus their stamp set "Best Wishes" (C1318) and some of the Connections Club adhesive pearls. The gingham ribbon is BasicBasic from my local craft store.

If this card doesn't say Spring, I don't know what does.

Comments

  1. Gorgeous. Love the pearls around the scalloped edge. Perfect ribbon to finish it off.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com