Fall Centerpiece with Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells

Here I sit in my air-conditioned home in Florida, late September, wishing for cool crisp days, crunchy leaves, and a big cozy sweater. Alas, it's gonna be a while yet. In the meantime, I can certainly get in the mood, at least, with Fall themed projects.

Today, I'm over at the Graphic 45 blog with fellow designers Rhea Freitag and Denise Johnson as we share our Fall-themed home decor projects while participating in the Blog Hop Day 2 partnership with Graphic 45, Petaloo and Xyron. Be sure to check it out. If you leave a comment there, you could win a HUGE prize package at the end of the week.

Meanwhile, if you feel like staying put, I'll share my project here.











Here's how it came together:

I started with a wooden plate stand from the craft store.



Painted it a barn red color. Two coats.



I added these beautiful Petaloo flowers with Xyron's Adhesive Dots. Two dots per flower held well.



I gave the whole thing a few mists of Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold spray at this point.



I love the bit of shimmer it adds.



When glass jar are on sale at the craft store, I stock up. I added burlap ribbon around three jars using Xyron's High Tack Adhesive Tape.



I chose three different heights of jars for added interest.



Next I adorned each candle holder with a combination of Petaloo crochet ribbons, leaves and flowers, and Steampunk Spells cardstock flowers.



To finish it off and fill it out, I added floral picks, die cut leaves, ribbon and buttons, as well as chipboard tags from the Place in Time collection.


Word of warning if you try this project. If you are going to use real candles and plan to light them, be mindful of the placement of any leaves or other paper embellishments that might overhang the candle's flame. We don't want to burn the house down for Thanksgiving.


Thanks for stopping by today. Be sure to go to the Graphic 45 blog where there are direct links to all the supplies used in my project as well as Rhea's and Denise's.


Have a great day!



Comments

  1. I think those kids are the cutest.
    Love ethe touch of burlap.
    This will make the best Thanksgiving table centerpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be making this for my holiday table! Love it - thanks Annette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This centerpiece is absolutely stunning!!!

    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh La-La! I love this! This is my favorite time of year too! Great job Annette!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your work! Fall is my favourite time of year and it is very fall like here in Toronto. Cool and sunny, absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an inspirational project! Thanks so much for sharing!! Hope fall hits you soon as well. We here in MI are experiencing a truly Indian Summer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have a question you would like answered, please e-mail me at AnnetteMGreen@gmail.com